check out these tops downs

murph145

ok well this first coral is by far IMO my favorite coral just for the colors in it... its my smaller higher up wild sarmentosa acropora colony... i have a larger one in the middle of the tank im sure many of u have seen in other pics but this one is higher up with better coloring.... i almost killed it about a year ago when a ricordia fell on top of it i found it half dead then it browned out totally brown its since come back grown alot and colored up even better than when i first got it

next is a top down on another coral i picked up froma reefer leaving the hobby a while back its grown nicely but ive since put it up higher in better flow and its color is getting pretty darn nice the purple tips are glowing purple in person

next is a top down on a tenuis and a tri-color the tri-color is wild the tenuis aquacultured ive had both a while and are sorta slow growers but nice colors... in the center u can see part of the atlantis pink polyd cap i got from TXreef a while back its more than doubled in size most is hidden under the tenuis and its colors have improved 100% another one of my favs...

maxalmon

You'll always be an inspiration to everyone, your skills are incredible. I just got a frag of the atlantis pink polyp from viper, can't wait for it to color up...Man you tank is incredible

murph145

thanks yeah my camera doesnt do it justince this actually is from viper via TXreef he got his from viper it came a lil brown but man this thing has a nice green color with rosy pink polyps and is a nice grower

autofreak44

looks a little crowded in there, i guess i will be over this weekend
(maybe not this weekend but next... going to the lake lol)
love the third pic
amazing color
can we get a fts?

ccfl

Originally Posted by murph145
hey thanks just let me know when u wanna cruise up
heres a FTS

Wow your tank is beyond great!!!

murph145

autofreak.... i will get u a pic of this frogspawn today when main lights come on... this thing looks like a ball but its really 3 branches the 2 side branches having 2 heads and the center having 3 but the heads are so close together it looks like a massive ball of froggys
threed240.... thanks for ur nice comment im glad u like
groupergenius... thanks that means alot i try to get everything happy and healthy to look natural too in placement and growth its kinda tricky as things are growing out
ccfl... thanks u very much

prevwon

Originally Posted by murph145
hey thanks just let me know when u wanna cruise up
heres a FTS

Hehe you always have to showoff your tank

Looks good like always

E

essop3

I don't comment on many tanks. I don't even like sps tanks that much... But your tank is freakin' awsome!!!

anonome

Murph145........Does your BTA do any harm to any corals close by? I only ask this because mine split this week-end and now that I have two, the clone is real close to my hammer and torch. I know that they tend to not be as harsh on corals as some, but I am a little worried. Any help would be appreciated.
Oh, and as usual your tank blows me away everytime. Nice job.

murph145

prevwon lol i know i cant help it at times to show it off some...
thanks ric mainiac
essop3 thats a interesting comment im glad u like my tank i wasnt a huge fan of sps when i first started out either never wanted to get into them but it was the challenge in the end that suckered me into the dark side
efishnsea

anonome....the bubble tips are IMO one of the least aggressive anemones but if they touch over an extended period of time then some damage will ocur its rubing one of my acros lately and the acro is showing a lil damage but im not too worried

azfishgal

Love seeing pics of your tank.
I can't wait to try my first SPS. Question for you....how long do you have your MHs on? I'm only up to 3 hours right now, as they are new. Will probaby up it to 4 hrs this week. I've just noticed some of my purple coraline is starting to bleach a little (tiny white dots are showing up), so I'm trying to take it slow. None of my corals are showing signs of stress, but actually the opposite. My frogspawn LOVES the MHs and seems to get upset when I turn them off. How long should I be running them for SPS? When I get to that point, can I buy some frags from you?

ginarox

all i have to say is you must be filthy rich or dead dog broke..... tank is awesome murph....have a great day...

murph145

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Love seeing pics of your tank.
I can't wait to try my first SPS. Question for you....how long do you have your MHs on? I'm only up to 3 hours right now, as they are new. Will probaby up it to 4 hrs this week. I've just noticed some of my purple coraline is starting to bleach a little (tiny white dots are showing up), so I'm trying to take it slow. None of my corals are showing signs of stress, but actually the opposite. My frogspawn LOVES the MHs and seems to get upset when I turn them off. How long should I be running them for SPS? When I get to that point, can I buy some frags from you?

i run my MH's 7-8 hours a day cant remember even when new they didnt harm anything it should onyl take u a week to go from 4 hours to 7 hours
and when ur ready for a starter frag pack just hit me up!

murph145

Originally Posted by ginarox
all i have to say is you must be filthy rich or dead dog broke..... tank is awesome murph....have a great day...
hmmm i wonder which one i am lol
u never know but i do know this tank has cost alot lol
thanks for the kind words gina!