check out these tops downs

ginarox

Originally Posted by murph145
hmmm i wonder which one i am lol
u never know but i do know this tank has cost alot lol
thanks for the kind words gina!

your welcome...have a great night murph...

azfishgal

Originally Posted by murph145
i run my MH's 7-8 hours a day cant remember even when new they didnt harm anything it should onyl take u a week to go from 4 hours to 7 hours
and when ur ready for a starter frag pack just hit me up!
Well.....looks like I've been over cautious.
I've had my MHs on my tank for 3 1/2 weeks. To be honest I lost track of time, didn't know it had been that long. My plan was to increase 1 hour every three days, so looks like I'm behind schedule.

I'll hit you up for that starter frag pack in about one week.

murph145

Originally Posted by zanclus
Very nice Murph how old is your reef? I love the top downs
thanks this tanks been up now for a year and a half.... i transferred over live rock from an old 100G tank but most corals other than the anemone, frogspawn, and a few other polyps and LPS are from the old tank the rest was gathered during the last year and half and grown out

murph145

not a good pic it was the end of the light cycle and my little new clarki clown has been messin around in it too... u can see the bigger original one and the smaller new one playin around they are doing some wierd fancy table wippin and following each other around so i think they are starting to take to each other well at least i hope so i have never tried to pair a clown b4 it would be cool

scubanoah

Hi Murph. tank is incredible, great colors. are you running pc or t5 for actinics? 460 or 420? you probably dont have a little piece of that birdsnest you would trade me do ya?

murph145

thanks eugenez 21 it just keeps getin bigger and bigger
scubah noah no acitinics i just run halides those pics show
phoenix14k - ushio 20K - phoenix 14K all 3 are 250W HQI bulbs
thanks Brandan

murph145

its kinda interesting some of them kinda grow around each other u can see on the top pic the sarmentosa is kinda growing around the birdsnest but they both leave enough room not to touch... now the blue slimer stag is almost touching it but they stopped just shy of touching ... my green slimer and my large sarmentosa touch in certain areas and they have formed some sort of dead area between the branches but thats about it... nothing too bad so far some are worse than others though and when they do touch u either gotta frag asap or move them apart

murph145

Originally Posted by rbrockm1
is that a birds nest in the up right of the first pic?
yes that is a birdsnest frag up there its finally starting to grow decently now

rs1831

Murph,
Your tank looks great as always. I have a quick question for you. I've been trying to figure out what kind of mh's to get and I've read that you use both PFO mini pendants and lumenmax3 HQI pendant. I have a 70 gallon tank which if 36 inches long so I'm looking into getting 2 pendants. Which brand would you suggest? Also which ballast do you suggest. Thanks and I'm really excited to upgrade.
Roland

fanker

man i leave for like 4 months and i come back to ur tank still beautiful, man ur tank is amazing

sepulatian

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
damn murph let me know when you have some frags of anything lol
Zano, let me know when you find a clown that looks like that!!! I am sure that you have been asked but, is that an actual breed of clown? Murph's stuff is always awsome and I will probably be asking for frags once my reef is ready!