Clark's clown fish sleeping?

Anthony K

I have noticed the 2x's I've turned the light out at night I wake to find my Clark's clownfish on his side as if he's dying only to come back to life minutes later. My maroon one is unaffected. Is this normal?

Anthony K

29g for now. Upgrading to a 55g on Thursday. Funny thing is the maroon was the sly one. Stayed in the corner until it bonded.

jay0705

Once mature it will get more aggressive. There both big clowns but i don't see long term it working unfortunately

Anthony K

Is my purple tip in trouble? Trying to upload pic. He's fully open, tips and tentacles have color but his mouth keeps gaping wide open.

Last edited:

lmforbis

Sorry I don't know anything about what they look like when they split. Mine split and I had no idea it was going to do it, just got up one day and there were two.
What is its color like, are the tentacles long or short and stubby? Do you feed it and what? What kind of lighting do you have? What type of anemone is it?

Anthony K

It's a purple tip anemone and color is great. He's attached to the live rock I have. Foot is a dark pink. I give it half a cube of brine shrimp once a week and leave the other half for the 4 fish. I have a t5 blue and white. Tomorrow I will be upgrading to a 55g.

lmforbis

Purple tip is a generic name. Is it a condylactis anemone?
How many t5 bulbs and what kind?
Tank size won't matter for a nem but light will.
I'd switch from brine to mysis shrimp for fish and nem. More nutritious.
Sorry about the questions, just need to get a better idea of the situation.

jay0705

Anything meaty will wrk. Even clam, squid, ect. Not that its a food issue but for future reference.

Anthony K

Purple tip is a generic name. Is it a condylactis anemone?
How many t5 bulbs and what kind?
Tank size won't matter for a nem but light will.
I'd switch from brine to mysis shrimp for fish and nem. More nutritious.
Sorry about the questions, just need to get a better idea of the situation.
No problem. It is a Condy and right now I only have 1 t5 of each color. Tomorrow I will be upgrading. Do have a suggestion of which kind I should get? I eventually plan to get coral. Aiming to have a reef tank.

Anthony K

It has climbed halfway up the rock so it's still sticking and full and flowing with no color loss. Mouth is exposed but not gaping right now. Wish I could give a pic but for some reason it won't load.