Clowns and Angels?

nipper

Hello all...this is such a great board - lots of knowledge. I am planning my tank additions way in advance (my tank is cycling w/3 Damsels and LR). I would like to just have a few beautiful but fairly hardy fish. Would clowns and a dwarf angel live happily together? A pair of clowns or a single? My tank is 45 gal. and will eventually contain 30-40lb live rock. I have a H.O.T. canister filter w/ biowheel and will acquire a skimmer. The damsels probably will not stay as permanent residents. Thanks!
Tina :D

coop21

In general they do. I have two percula clowns, a lemon peel angle and a coral beauty angel and they get along great in my 80 gal. Tank size is also a factor. Think about this; gather up four of your friends and cram into a small closet for a few days and tell me if you all get along. The smaller the tank, the more problems you will have. Best of luck. COOP.

pufferlover

Yes a dwarf angel would do fine with a pair of clowns. Just make sure the angel has some place to go hide that makes them more comfortable (rock work or decoration with some doorways will do).

nipper

Thanks for the reply. I had heard that clowns are happier in mated pairs, so I wanted to do as much as possible to make it comfortable. I'll now do a search to find out more info. on species of both fish.
Tina

alleyesonme

but get the damsels out! depending on what kind you have, most will harass your fish and you will never get them out. if you like damsels, i guess they're ok, but...