comparing all in one tanks

ham

After 20 years out of the salt water hobby I am looking at 2 all in one tanks. the Fluval SEA EVO XII and the coralife biocube 14. Just looking for +'s and -'s. thanks
'

jay0705

Most advice is stay away from coral life bc they went out of business and everything out there is old stock.
Fluval however makes a good filter, the tank i haven't heard about.
All in 1 tanks that i hear good things about include the red sea tanks. Not cheap but seem to be very well made

ham

Most advice is stay away from coral life bc they went out of business and everything out there is old stock.
Fluval however makes a good filter, the tank i haven't heard about.
All in 1 tanks that i hear good things about include the red sea tanks. Not cheap but seem to be very well made
thank you

Jesterrace

Obviously you have prior experience but given the length of time you have been out it might be wise to start with a larger tank since small tanks have to be watched religiously as the water can turn toxic very quickly. Personally I recommend getting a 30-50 gallon tank kit from the likes of Aqueon and just picking up the few extra items that the kit doesn't provide (ie a better suited tank heater and a solid LED light). I would keep an eye out for sales from petsmart (such as their 30% off sale they did for the memorial weekend). Something like this would work and it gives you the curved glass front for a more unique display:

http://www.petsmart.com/fish/starter-kits/marineland-38-gallon-aquarium-starter-kit-5229839.html?src=search&searchterm=Marineland 38 gallon&ps=undefined