coralife metal halide ?

millerman

ive got a 28 gallon bow front and i also have a hang on back metal halide. The problem i am having is there is a center brace in the middle and the light can not be placed in the center of the tank. Right now i have it mounted on the side. will this be o.k. or should i build a brace behind the tank to mount it to. Im kinda leaning that way but if it is ok were it is i will leave it
thanks

gregzbobo

If you cut out the center brace, be prepared to either have a busted tank, or do some measurements and go to a glass shop and have a piece of glass cut to silicone under the top frame to connect the front and back wall of the tank. With it being a bowfront, the front cut will be rather difficult, probably more than someone at home can do with a glass-cutting wheel.

millerman

im not cutting the brace it was made there and it will stay. I guess some people live off of seeing others fail. I am going to make an attachment on the back of the tank

jonk520c

why dont you just modify the clamp a little bit. create a notch in the middle so it can go around the brace.

gregzbobo

Originally Posted by millerman
im not cutting the brace it was made there and it will stay. I guess some people live off of seeing others fail. I am going to make an attachment on the back of the tank
Sorry, I did not intend for you take my post like that. Just trying to help.