cowfish!!!!

come on, someone else must have one of these little darlings!
Mine is named Skeeter, I've had him a little over a year. he is 3 inches long, lives in a 29 gal, and will eat pretty much anything you put in front of his face.. algae, krill, pellets, silver sides, pink shrimp....
aw, he's so cute and funny.....

B

bildotang

Both of you guys have nice looking tanks! Are those things reef safe? What's their aggression level? Nice pics by the way!

Originally posted by YellowTail
they are very cute .....until they get in excess of 18 inches long:scared: then they look even cooler:happy: but when full grown they need big tanks.they also excrete a posion type thing when they die or are stressed.

uh........ yeah, i know. this thread is just for people to post pictures of their cowfish.....

T

tizzo

I sure wish I had a cowfish to post... But I don't so,
I WON'T POST ANYTHING!!! Oops, did I "post" that out loud?

Originally posted by Tizzo
I sure wish I had a cowfish to post... But I don't so,
I WON'T POST ANYTHING!!! Oops, did I "post" that out loud?

heh, i'm just sick of every single post on this BB getting hijacked into a bitchfest. i don't care how big they get or if they are reef safe, or who's and idiot and all of that juvenility, i just wanna see pictures.

T

tizzo

Originally posted by amandaschlicher
heh, i'm just sick of every single post on this BB getting hijacked into a bitchfest. i don't care how big they get or if they are reef safe, or who's and idiot and all of that juvenility, i just wanna see pictures.

I hope you didn't misread that. I was agreeing with you. You know... Trying to point out that since I don't have one, that I shouldn't post.. like you said. That was actually an attempt for this thread to avoid hitch-hikers. Pretty cow by the way. We shall call her..."Bessie"

timg

I miss mine. It's name was Emma R.I.P. It is the coolest fish and can be both reef safe and not reef safe. Mine was and loved to hang out around my frogspawn. Unfortunately he got too close and got stung(or at least I think). He was perfect when I left for work and my roomate called at 3pm and said it was acting wierd. It was dead by midnight. I would love to get another, but am afraid I would get one that like to nibble. Sorry I have no picture. The LFS had one that was 15" and the lady that had it had to get rid of him because it spit too much. I think it would be cool to have one like that, just have to watch out with you fingers.

flatzboy

Originally posted by TimG
I miss mine. It's name was Emma R.I.P. It is the coolest fish and can be both reef safe and not reef safe. Mine was and loved to hang out around my frogspawn. Unfortunately he got too close and got stung(or at least I think). He was perfect when I left for work and my roomate called at 3pm and said it was acting wierd. It was dead by midnight. I would love to get another, but am afraid I would get one that like to nibble. Sorry I have no picture. The LFS had one that was 15" and the lady that had it had to get rid of him because it spit too much. I think it would be cool to have one like that, just have to watch out with you fingers.

When it died did it release any toxins? Did it kill anything else in the tank when it died??

timg

When it died did it release any toxins? Did it kill anything else in the tank when it died??
Sorry, about the late response. I took him out and put him in a HP tanks in hope that he would turn, he died in there.