Curious on how much people have spent getting their tanks set up

Luanne

Just curious how much we spend for our hobby. This time around I have a 90 gallon set up. I was lucky to be able to get the whole system tank sump protein skimmer glass tops and lights for 400 dollars. I got lucky there. So far I have around 375.00 dollars for sand and salt and a new power head. so makes my grand total of 745 dollars. Not too bad I don't think

jay0705

Not at all. For my 220 it was 250 for the tank. Maybe 80 for stand material, 200 filter, 60 for heaters, 300 in powerheads. 100 in sand, 350 for lights, ok iam done counting lol omg

lmforbis

ive probably got $1000 into my new build and haven't even taken delivery on the tank yet. Fortunately I don't need to buy lights. I have maybe $1500 in equipment I am using on the new tank. I think it is best not to think about it too much.

one-fish

Tank and stand were given to me 55 gal guess I am around $575 including fish (2 clowns) and inverts maybe 20 different types of snails. DIY as much as I can to keep costs down

Luanne

Tank and stand were given to me 55 gal guess I am around $575 including fish (2 clowns) and inverts maybe 20 different types of snails. DIY as much as I can to keep costs down
I like to try to save a dollar where I can too. This hobby is great but it is expensive

2quills

Hmm

Tank + stand around 2k
Display lighting 1k
Power heads $850
Return pump $250
Skimmer $550
ATO $200
Fuge Pump $75
Acrylic $350
Reactor and pump $100
Plumbing $200
DIY led lighting $350

I'm sure there's more in miscellaneous stuff to.. Salt, test kits, maintenance supplies, rock, sand etc. It adds up lol.

Luanne

Hmm

Tank + stand around 2k
Display lighting 1k
Power heads $850
Return pump $250
Skimmer $550
ATO $200
Fuge Pump $75
Acrylic $350
Reactor and pump $100
Plumbing $200
DIY led lighting $350

I'm sure there's more in miscellaneous stuff to.. Salt, test kits, maintenance supplies, rock, sand etc. It adds up lol.
Man oh man. Do you have a picture of your tank

Luanne

ive probably got $1000 into my new build and haven't even taken delivery on the tank yet. Fortunately I don't need to buy lights. I have maybe $1500 in equipment I am using on the new tank. I think it is best not to think about it too much.
When do you expect to get your tank? I am so glad I have all the set up behind me now

lmforbis

When do you expect to get your tank? I am so glad I have all the set up behind me now
Picked it up yesterday. It took way too long to come. twice it was supposed to come but didn't. The third time it came but was damaged. Finally on the fourth time it actually arrived. Working on plumbing today. Started plumbing it today.