Curious on how much people have spent getting their tanks set up

Luanne

Picked it up yesterday. It took way too long to come. twice it was supposed to come but didn't. The third time it came but was damaged. Finally on the fourth time it actually arrived. Working on plumbing today. Started plumbing it today.
oh good. Keep me posted and show me pics

one-fish

Thx. Think those pix were taken last fall. I've changed it a little to incorporate more frags. This is today...

View attachment 2717
2 Have a few questions if ya don't mind..looks like you have two overflows each with it's own drain to back corners of the sump. Middle compartment has return pump. So why the blue light in 1st compartment, what is the clear tube going to 3rd compartment.... guessing you use it to control extra flow if needed. If I do another DIY sump going to use that as a design to build from..like it nice and roomy

2quills

2 Have a few questions if ya don't mind..looks like you have two overflows each with it's own drain to back corners of the sump. Middle compartment has return pump. So why the blue light in 1st compartment, what is the clear tube going to 3rd compartment.... guessing you use it to control extra flow if needed. If I do another DIY sump going to use that as a design to build from..like it nice and roomy
Blue light is nothing special. Normally have a white bulb down there for Xtra light when I'm working. Just happened to have old fish tank bulbs laying around that fit it. So now theres a marine'glo buIb in there cause I kinda like the ambiance of the tank at night.

It's a solid but simple design I think you'll like it.

The clear tube connects to a pump behind the chaeto. The pump is plumbed to go up and then loop back down into a filter sock. I run it when I want to polish the water from time to time or vacuum detritus in the sump. I figured the pump needed to serve me some other purpose after I took my scrubber down. Works good.

JH919

Most recent purchases. Some are still in transit.

LED - $330
Skimmer - $210
Refugium - $230
ATO - $180
Wavemaker - $150
Stand - $160
Plumbing - $100
Overflow Box - $60

lmforbis

My fish are small so they don't eat much. Well Doris the blue tang may eventually get big not the rest. You preditor people go through more food than us tiny fish people.

jay0705

Ha ha ha larger preds i agree. I wouldn't call my fish little but not terribly huge lol. My naso is the biggest, all tho my yellow is coffee plate sized lol.
I haven't gotten into making my own food. So a 16 oz of mysis, 16 oz of spruilina brine, hakari mega marine, plankton , ect couple times a month lol