Current USA Orbit Marine

one-fish

Looking to upgrade my lighting really interested in this product Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light to fit over my 55gal. Seeing it has good reviews (Amazon) I thought I would ask here Has anyone used this light and your thoughts Thx

one-fish

I think this will well suit my needs my tanks image in the future is not corals fish/inverts only, maybe way down the road easy corals ??? Have a lot to learn but having a good time at it Thx All

cmack

I'm running a orbit IC over my 125 and will probably add a 2nd to get increased PAR. I can keep softies and LPS with what I have, Current states you can keep some low light SPS with them too but if I ever get to that point I will probably either swap out completely or ad some supplemental lighting

one-fish

Really excited to install this light 1st order came but damaged Not much for corals at this time but maybe in a years time.....Still have a newly cycled tank Thx for the reply

one-fish

So the light came today playing around with it a bit ...How far should the light be mounted from the water surface Using the end brackets it would put the light about 2-3 in from the surface instructions do not address this

2quills

Every time I've had a fixture that close to the surface, salt creep and moisture was always a issue.

And typically you won't get great color blending from leds that close. Might get more of the disco effect going on. For fish only it really doesn't matter how close they are. But for corals, closer is going to give you higher par.

one-fish

That's what I was thinking want to mount it w/out a canopy and do a ceiling mount. Need to go to Home Depot anyway to get more egg crate for a cover Thx....

one-fish

Impressed with this new light, have it mounted about 4in from water surface. Going to monitor salt creep. Funny since installed my GHA is dying out not sure if it's all light related did add Chemi-pure blue and carbon socks to sump. Like the no canopy look. Progress ya gotta Love it.....:D

florida joe

I think you should wait on the ceiling mount. I had and have no issue with moisture. salt creep is predicated on how much agitation you have at the surface easily adjusted. I assume you are going with egg crate to protect against jumpers. That is going to defuses much of the splashing if you have any Just My .02

one-fish

Fla. Joe thought about the ceiling mount decided against it the wires would have been dangling across my cobia mount. So made a bracket to hold it. Very pleased with this light and Thx for the help in making my decision. Next WC going to fill my QT and get it ready for new fishes. Thx again

cmack

I'm curious to know what you used to make a bracket. I currently have mine mounted in my canopy but I think it's a little too close to the surface as I have some "Disco light" effects on the sand bed, so i'm thinking about changing the location.

one-fish

Got rid of the canopy. Brackets are made out of 2"x2" with a 3"x5" 1/4" project board for the lights handle to fit in 1/2" trim is glued to form a kickboard so light will not shift if bumped all painted w/Krylon black. 2X2's are Velcroed (self adhesive) to tank plastic rim so they can be removed. Used a 1"x2" to secure both end pieces Light sits 4" from water surface. Tank is uncovered for now
IMG_0491.JPG