Diamondback Goby new disappeared

leftyblite

Originally Posted by sepulatian
I sure hope that he is under there, but it could be your inverts eating it. The flow doesn't blow it away? Mysis is very light.
Pretty sure it didn't and I noticed more sand pile moves this morning.

notsonoob

Originally Posted by sepulatian
You don't want a sand sifting goby anyway. They eat all of the microfauna in your sand. They basically strip it down to dead (live in bacteria)sand. Buy inverts that will just eat detris.
You need an even mix. You can also reseed your sand with pods. Refuguim with cheato. There are ways to keep them in your tanks.

I love mine! He made himself a cave front and center. At night he piles the sand up to cover the hole under the rock he picked, I never see him go in, but when it's bedtime (when the blues come on), he's ready!
Every morning he digs his way out to the front and waits for breakfast. He eats whatever he picks up from the sand, my mixed up mixture of food and mysid. He's very interesting.

big

Mime neds to see a head doctor. I love the brat, but if there ever was a fish-brat (Damsels excuded) He is it!! Like what can I hide or mess up today is his daily chore

David Eyler

I bought a diamond gobie 3 days ago. the first day, I seen him, now he is nowhere to be found. I have a 75 gal tank and lots of rock.
I have had several but this one seems to elude me.I looked all around the tank and he is nowhere to be found.
He is a very small gobie so maybe he is hiding. ????