Difference between micromusa and acans?

reefkprz

primarily genetics, though form shape, and general appearance are very similar they are very different genetically.

paintballer768

The largest acan head on that frag is about the size of a Quarter. The largest micro head on the frag pictured is like, 1 cm across.

bizzleb01

Are they as easy to keep as acans? Do they require more lighting. I've got 4x96w pc and my acans are loving it.

hypertek99

Acans and micros actually do good under PC. The micros can tolerate a lot more lighting than acans. They are the same care to me. But i heard that some people have a harder time with micros.

paintballer768

Yea the acans and micros are very hardy. I have some trouble keeping my micro frag though, because a polyp has receeded/was receeding, yet has like 4 new polyps.
Acans are just awesome though haha

addicted4life

Do you attach acans and micros to a rock ? or do they sit in the sand bed like a brain ? I have a couple of acans, and have never been sure how to mount them, and what to mount them to if anything.

hypertek99

They grow faster if mounted on a rock as they will encrust over the rock. Then they will build their skeleton under the skin.