Do bubble corals split??

reefkprz

congrats! who is toting the cigars?... damnit I deserve a cigar for meowzers coral doing all the work........
funnything is meow that you got a great shot of your flame angel in that last picture.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefkprZ http:///forum/thread/386385/do-bubble-corals-split/40#post_3394713
congrats! who is toting the cigars?... damnit I deserve a cigar for meowzers coral doing all the work........
funnything is meow that you got a great shot of your flame angel in that last picture.
LOL...you never know when it is gonna get in a picture.....anytime that you DON'T PLAN IT TO BE HAHAHA
look at the yellow head to the left...he is in a few of the pics I have taken too

meowzer

OMG IT MOVED!!!! What should I do......put it back....NOTHING???? OH and since it has moved YES it has its own skeleton (I see it....I DID NOT touch it)
It is now sitting next to the rock...n ot against it (wish I had a place to sell it...LOL)

reefkprz

I myself would secure it to a rock that is big enough to prevent losing it. and leave it in the same general area.be very cautious if you do secure it not to handle the flesh. IMO your best bet would be to do the old underwater superglue trick and use some forceps or tweezers to to get a hold on the skeleton. squirt some super glue gel into the rock to make a small pile and do the same on the coral without pulling it out of the tank. then just mush the two piles of superglue together so they stick to each other.

meowzer

The problem with that is the tank is 30" deep......no way to reach it w/o handling it
It is in a section that is kinda blocked off though.....so unless it leaps into the air it may be safe in that part.....the mother bubble is also shielding it from the major flow....

meowzer

YEAH....I think I am just gonna watch it closely....if it seems like it can get out of the corner I will adjust something....IDK what....LOL....BUT I think it may be pretty safe where it is

kiefers

The only problem I can forsee here is that the mother coral could attck it with it's tenticles. Bubble coral are aggressive right?

spanko

IMO, just because sometimes I have one, if it is in an area where nothing is bothering it, where the flow around it is not too much, and it looks okay......................................LEAVE IT BE. Handling coral is stressful to the coral. Besides that, in the wild it would survive or not. Are you trying to emulate the wild, or are you trying to propagate coral. If the former leave it be. If the latter take it out of the area it is in and put it in your frag rack and see if you can get it to grow to sell it or place it where you want it later.
If it were me....................................................Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be, There will be an answer let it be.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko http:///forum/thread/386385/do-bubble-corals-split/40#post_3394986
IMO, just because sometimes I have one, if it is in an area where nothing is bothering it, where the flow around it is not too much, and it looks okay......................................LEAVE IT BE. Handling coral is stressful to the coral. Besides that, in the wild it would survive or not. Are you trying to emulate the wild, or are you trying to propagate coral. If the former leave it be. If the latter take it out of the area it is in and put it in your frag rack and see if you can get it to grow to sell it or place it where you want it later.
If it were me....................................................Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be, There will be an answer let it be.
LOL...Henry you would be proud....I DID NOT even attempt to touch it......I am though watching it.....I really do not think it can get out of the area it is in.....so I am leaving it be....YAYYAYYY