does anyone know what kind of snail this is?

bang guy

Marginella Snail. Probably from the Atlantic or Gulf of Mexico. While harmless to humans it is a carnivorous predator.

bang guy

While I believe Nassarius are 100% carnivorous, I do not believe they are predators, at all. I think they only consume carrion. Marginella Snails, OTOH, are 100% predators.

pegasus

While I believe Nassarius are 100% carnivorous, I do not believe they are predators, at all. I think they only consume carrion. Marginella Snails, OTOH, are 100% predators.
Agreed... I didn't phrase it quite right. Nassarius are like vultures, and Marginella are like raptors...

streamer

there was a you tube video that came out about a snail similar to this type and its showed it eating small fish, I would be very nervous having this species in either of my tanks...

bang guy

there was a you tube video that came out about a snail similar to this type and its showed it eating small fish, I would be very nervous having this species in either of my tanks...
That would have been a Cone Snail which are deadly, even to humans. Kevin's snail is not a Cone Snail.