does the message board require internet explorer

beaslbob

Ya ya ya I know it requires a browser.
I have been having a problem with my home computer. :notsure: Always can reply post etc from work but could not post from home. It takes the user id and password and the thanks for loggin in screen appears but then it goes to the login page again.:confused:
What I found out is that when I used internet explorer at home I could post. :jumping:But under two verions of AOL I could not.

Can anyone help me, give some technical reason this happend, get the system admins to look into this? I would much rather be able to use my AOL and this board at the same time.
Gee that's different from my usual posts huh?

tagg

I don't know nutten' anout AOL, but I run 2 different browsers. I use the "Avant" sone of the time, and IE6.0. Depends on what all I need to do at the time. The board runs fine on Avant.
I also have 3 different ISP numbers. It won't always keep track of read/un-read posts, but can always login on both browsers.
Tagg

rbmount

Bob, I don't have a clue, but I know some of the older versions of AOL give me fits when installing DSL. I had 1 PC that every time the customer turned the puter on,they had double the AOL's. We called it the aol virus. My suggeation is ditch aol and get another isp.

T

thomas712

Originally posted by Beckzilla
Take (2) 25% water changes and call me in the morning.

Originally posted by Kipass4130
just for sheer fun bob...
"have ya grown some plants in your CPU?"... maybe that will help....
c'mon.... gotta laugh!
on a serious note... i have no idea how to help ya

Originally posted by Bang Guy

Add Plant life.
sorry Bob.. it was just irresistable LOL.
Love ya man!!

I love you guys :hilarious :hilarious
Don't you guys know it won't work, his computer is under Normal Output lights.
Bob here is a tip, if a tech from Bellsouth tells you to dump AOL he is probably not fooling. I myself have seen and heard of so many problems with AOL and trying to get it off of a machine once it's been on there is sheer :mad: PITA.
I really dislike AOL.
Thomas

beckzilla

Thomas, i agree 100%. Many moons ago when the dinasaurs were still roaming the earth i used AOL and hated it immensely mainly when i started getting over 100 spam emails a day and later found out that they sell your email addresses to third parties. Those skumbags!! The same thing they advertise now that they try to fight is the same thing they had a large part in starting. AOL SUCKS and BLOWS!!!!!

asbury030

i have aol and i have cable on my computer and i cant get on so im stuck with my sisters dial-up it is so slow. lol