Does this list look ok for fish ideas

dangerfish

haha such an old thread but my dad said I can't get an aggressive tank do to purposes that are unknown to me so I've created the fish I want most if i am to get a reef tank I am putting together a 90g tank (btw im only 15 so i don't got too much money so I've slowly been gaining the money to get this tank and get it running I will get a job soon so I can soon get this tank running I just go on these to get more and more research and keep this idea alive.)

dangerfish

Fish

Royal Gramma Basslet
Firefish
Neon Goby
5 Pajama Cardinalfish
Kole Yellow Eye Tang
2 Ocellaris Clownfish, Captive-Bred
Bicolor Blenny
One Spot Foxface
Diamond Watchman Goby
Orange Stripe Prawn Goby
2 Green Mandarin
Flame Angelfish

Invertebrates

Longspine Urchin, Black
Bulb Anemone
Snapping Shrimp(Indonesia)
Banded Coral Shrimp
Scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp
2 Banded Trochus Snail
2 Super Tongan Nassarius Snail
Nerite Snail (Pacific)
2 Emerald Crab
2 Dwarf Zebra/Orange & Black Hermit Crab

Corals

Corals that I really want

Green star polyps
2 Pulseing Xenia
Ultra palythoa
UC Gold Galaxea
Beginner's" Torch Coral

As you could probably tell Im more into the fish side of this hobby :)

And also as you might tell I have a Randall goby and a snapping shrimp in hopes that they will be friends and was wondering if the diamond back goby is going to fight with the Randall goby do to there similar shape so is it ok to have these guys together or do I need to take one out if so which one.Also for my size tank is me cleaner pack and overkill or not enough

dangerfish

And just a few last things
will the neon goby really clean other fish
will the pj cardinal s form a school(I would spell the other thing but dont know how to spell it)
Will the clownfish pair up with the anemone
And last but not least will the 2 mandarin's get along

bang guy

Too many large fish in my opinion. The list of smaller fish seems fine but I would suggest one of the larger fish, not all 3. ie a Tang, a Foxface, or a pygmy angel, not all three. It's tight for a Tang but the Kole can handle it since it's a territorial fish. A Flame and a Kole is possible but that's a lot of bioload for a 90 so I rate your chance of success with that combination below 50%.

In my experience Firefish are not compatible with Royal Gramma. If you're going to pick one I would lean toward the Gramma.

The PJs will Shoal.

The Gobies will fight but if you use your aquascaping to divide the sand bed into two half sized sandbeds it can work.

Make sure you get a male Mandarin and a female Mandarin. They must be opposite gender or they will eventually kill each other.

Be advised that the Pistol Shrimp will dug under everything. To avoid a collapse make sure all the rocks are secure and stable.

The Coral Banded Shrimp will eventually eat all of your other Shrimp. I'd suggest skipping that one and get another Scarlet Cleaner instead.

Hold off for a while on the Anemone. Perhaps a year. They are not as easy to keep as it seems.

After the cycle start with the Snails. If after a week or so there is still plenty of diatoms then add some more snails. Try to find some Stomatella and Cerith. These species will multiply until the food vs snail load is balanced.

Next add the Hermits. I'm not a fan of Hermits because of the toll they take on the sandbed critters and snails. Your call. They do eat filament algae though so can be useful.

Then the Clownfish Pair.

Then introduce the rest of your inverts except the Pistol Shrimp, it should be introduced at the same time as the Shrimp Goby.

After that add coral whenever you feel like it.

Every other month or so introduce another fish. Be sure to quaranteen it first. If you quaranteen for 2 months then the Q-tank can be kept stable for the next fish. So, add a fish the Q-tank, two months later add it to the display tank and add another fish on your list to the Q-tank.

Before adding the 5 PJs slowly increase feeding for a couple weeks the build up extra bacteria. When you add the PJs you should already be feeding the tank enough for them to eat but back off a little on the feeding for a week or so just to be sure the tank can handle the sudden increase in bioload.

Add your large centerpiece fish last. Again, ramp up feeding before adding it.

dangerfish

ok so I took out the royal gramma basslet to save money and to fight with the firefish

took out the coral banded shrimp

and with the larger fish what do you think would be best because the only one im not willing to give up is the flame angel so do you think I should get rid of the other two or what

dangerfish

good (so is it possible to put in the kole eye tang with success or is it too risky I'll put it in the fish order list just in case I can if not I'll just take it out)
so this is what I got to be put each one in its right place

2 Banded Trochus Snail

Cerith Snail

2 Super Tongan Nassarius Snail

Nerite Snail (Pacific)

2 Dwarf Zebra/Orange & Black Hermit Crab

Firefish

Longspine Urchin, Black

Banded Coral Shrimp

2 Scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp

2 Emerald Crab

5 Pajama Cardinalfish

Bicolor Blenny

Neon Goby

Orange Stripe Prawn Goby

Snapping Shrimp(Indonesia)

Green star polyps

2 Pulseing Xenia

Ultra palythoa

UC Gold Galaxea

Beginner's" Torch Coral

Hammer

Diamond Watchman Goby

2 Green Mandarin

Bulb Anemone

2 Ocellaris Clownfish

Kole Yellow Eye Tang

Flame Angelfish

bang guy

I believe the Coral Banded will eventually eat your Cleaner Shrimp. It won't be immediate but eventually it will find one in a hole after a molt and drag it out with those long arms.

In my opinion the Clownfish should be your first fish in the tank.

The Kole Tang is possible but lowers your success rate significantly in my opinion.

Try the Protopalythoa as your first coral. GSP are a solid coral but can be iffy in new systems.

In my opinion the Anemone should wait until you are an experienced reef keeper - one year or more. Once experienced, many reef keepers decide to pass on the Anemone because of the high risk.

bang guy

The Angel will appreciate Algae but it will be fine with scraping Diatoms off the glass to supplement your fish food. I think you would do just fine without algae sheets.

dangerfish

Question is my cleaner crew big enough because I've seen some things around the internet that said that you should have ! snail per gallon so I was just wondering if this was true.

lmforbis

That info probably comes from people who sell snails. In my 125 I have maybe 20 assorted snails a few hermits and a Halloween urchin. I had a brittle star until I saw him grab one of my fish. After that he was sent to the sump.
Cleanup crew serve a purpose but too many will cause problems because there isn't enough food. They will die and polute the tank.

bang guy

The quantity of snails isn't a fixed amount. It depends on the species of snails, reproduction rate, food availability, etc.

My 155 probably had a couple dozen of various species of snails. I had a 10 gallon that had at least 100 in it because the food production rate was so high (I kept the temp fixed at 86F so everything grew fast).

bang guy

There is no way of knowing at this point but if it were me I would add more snail diversity.

I'm not a fan of Hermit Crabs.

dangerfish

Ok sorry to bring this old forum back but I wanted to update what fish I'll be adding to the tank and to ask if a few fish will be okay to add.

Fish:

Fire fish (already have)
Two clownfish
5 Banggai cardinalfish (is this enough to shoal or is there too many)
2 Yasha goby's (one male the other female) with a Randall shrimp
Lawnmower Blenny
2 mandarin goby's
Flame angel

wondering if it would be possible to add a diamond watchman goby so it could sift through my sand and if it will fight with the other goby's I'll just throw the idea out no biggy I'll just get some nassarius snails. And will the flame angel eat algae off the rocks and glass?