Dragons breath?

J

jesses89

i just took those few min ago.... ill get a pic tommorrow when the lights are on full...

jaymz

I can see potential for something nice to come of these after they color up. If all of their skirts turn red like some of them in the first picture under the actinic they will be sweet for sure.

J

jesses89

Yeah, anything i can do? to make them color up? or will it occur naturally? thanks

jaymz

It takes time.. you could spot feed them some mysis or something like kents microvert. If you feed frozen to fish already I would, during feeding time, turn off all filters and power heads. and try to get some of the thawed frozen food to land on the zoa's, they will grab it and close up and eat it. They will look better the next day.
My frog spawn always looks like it has grown after I do this. Only do it once a week tho, light should still be there main food source with some water flow over them.

J

jesses89

So just squirt microvert onto them? What type of meaty stuff?
i just learned how to take better pics with my camera... hope it looks better..

jaymz

Those pictures do look better
I still have yet to figure out my camera very well either.
If you use something like kents micorvert you can just dose the tank. It like a capful for every 50 gallons or something like that. Its better to under dose then over dose. It will degrade you water quality if your filter feeders do not eat it all.
If you want to spot feed them something meaty Mysis is a good one easy thing to feed. Or if you can get clam and blend it up. this you will squirt directly onto the coral. You can feed other corals too like frog spawn, hammers, mushrooms. This I would only do once a week.
If you have intense lighting like halides you really shouldnt need to feed anything to a coral like zoa's. But if you are like most of us and just have power compacts the supplemental feedings are beneficial to get some growth.