Elegence Coral IN TROUBLE

al&burke

I feed it a couple times a week - bits of shrimp and squid, scallops - what do you feed yours - have a picture

al&burke

Mike - I should maybe try spot feeding with mysis - i do put some in the DT - all the fish are in HT right now. I had some frozen Krill I just squirted around it - I also use DT Live Phytoplanton. How often do you feed yours. It does not look good today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/383511/elegence-coral-in-trouble/20#post_3356936
Very pretty Mike
Hi Meowzer, Thank you very much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al&Burke
http:///forum/thread/383511/elegence-coral-in-trouble/20#post_3356937
Mike - I should maybe try spot feeding with mysis - i do put some in the DT - all the fish are in HT right now. I had some frozen Krill I just squirted around it - I also use DT Live Phytoplanton. How often do you feed yours. It does not look good today.
I found that it was most happy with mysis and rods food dipped in vita chem. I usually feed it every other day, but I am sure it gets some food when I feed my fish everyday. I try and feed it after I feed the fish, so they wont pick on it as much.

No Problem, Dont give up on it. if it doesnt look better soon, I would try and move him off the sand bed out of direct flow. I have friends that say to keep them on the rocks

aquaknight

To be honest, the elegance looks more it's "upset by something", then "not doing well." It is quite closed up, but there is no tissue recession yet, brown jelly, etc. Hope still imho.
Do you check for stray voltage (not just a hand test, but what are the readings with an actual multimeter)? How old are your amm/nitri test kits? If more then a year old, would recommend to get new ones, not API's, and retest.... If the elegance responds to food, feed it, but if it doesn't change, definitely stopping trying to give it food. Expelling energy trying to digest food, is the last thing a sickly coral needs.

al&burke

AK - I have never check for stray voltage - other corals seem fine, these might be a little more sensitive.

kiefers

what type of lighting are you using. Is this coral still alive? They LOVE bright lighting and low flow, some movemnt. Feed once a week small shrimp or mysys.