Emerald Crab

Discussion in 'Nano Tanks' started by Haely, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Haely

Haely New Member

Hi, I was wondering if it would be okay to put a single emerald crab in a 2.5 gallon tank? I had to move him out of my 40 gallon because he was trying to eat my cc starfish, and my only other sw tank has 2 eels.

I had an empty 2.5 that I filled with tank water from the 40 that he’s in now. It has a couple pieces of live rock and a small heater.

Could he live long term in there assuming I put in sand, more live rock, a filter, and a couple of plants?

2. jay0705

jay0705 Administrator Staff Member

Yes but you have to monitor a tank that small daily

3. Haely

Haely New Member

Would it be better to get him a 5.5 gallon? I can probably move him from a 5.5 to a 10 gallon at school in the fall

4. jay0705

Honestly with only that in the tank, you only have to watch your salinity. It will change quickly in a small tank. Bigger is always easier

5. Haely

Haely New Member

So I’m the trash kinda person who gets bored with nothing visible in the tank, would it be possible to get like a clown goby in the tank? Or like a couple shrimp?

6. jay0705

The more you add the higher your chances of failure. Honestly I would see if you could rehome it if its giving you issues in your main tank