engineer gobies

iidylii

hey everyone...theres a trio of engineer gobies for sale and I was wondering what your opinions on this particular fish might be? first of all is a trio of this type of fish just way to much fish for my 93 gallon cube? Anyone know if this fish does better in groups or alone or? just wondering cuz eventually I will be getting one or a few so just want to get an idea what im getting into...thanks

oh and I struck out with my two spot gobies yet again! Im 100% done trying to own one of these fish I have no idea how anyone gets them to survive...my tank is well established and every other fish does just great but for some reason these guys are just not gonna happen...

anyways I substituted a tiger goby for the two spots so we will see how the tiger goes

iidylii

I guess I could also consider giving my dad and brother one each so I could just go with 1 for my tank..unless of course they do better in pairs or whatever ;)

jay0705

They move a ton of sand. I have no personal experience but thats what ive heard. I believe there a group fish bc i usually see them in groups.
If you want to try a sand sifter try a golden sleeper headed goby. Ive had luck with them. I picked another up a few weeks ago. Watch your stock volume tho my friend lol

lmforbis

They will tear up your sand bed and be impossible to catch when you want to get rid of them. They look cool but I'd never get one.

iidylii

ok that was an easy decision lol...I can't imagine 3 of them arranging the bed at the same time then wow lol

anyways im trying my hardest not to get a golden head lol not really but my brother has a pair of them so I want something different and I love the tigers

iidylii

yeah I had a court jester goby which is basically the same as a hectors...had it for like 6 months then one day he was gone...also had a pink spotted and got rid of him because I didn't realize they don't sift sand...

stop talking me out of my tiger goby! lol :D:p;)

iidylii

and as far as my stock volume goes...im at 15 and am just trying to get a tiger and pretty much be fully stocked and done lol

jay0705

Lol or a wrasse. Nutramar prawn roe is finally avb again. Idk if it would help with a two spot or not. Its great for mandys and pipe fish

iidylii

yeah I like that wrasse also...also like the exquisite wrasse...

but yeah it was weird...my 2 gobies hang out together all the time and were both sifting like they should be but still apparently didn't get the food they needed or who knows what happened...

jay0705

There tough fish it seems. There are just soo many fish that eat what alot of these specialized feeders need

iidylii

There tough fish it seems. There are just soo many fish that eat what alot of these specialized feeders need
yep I agree...in one of my fish books they are ranked a 2 on a scale from 1-5...1 being the hardest fish to keep in an aquarium like a Moorish idol for example...so yeah for some reason they are very tough to keep alive...which is why im done with them...they are one of those fish I don't think they should keep selling to people...

jay0705

If people will buy um they will keep selling them. I lfs by me has a 2 spot. Very nice looking but iam curious how long it lives

iidylii

Yeah if it's eating frozen I'd say it's safe to buy up...i dont know what u have for tank space but they would work in a nano :D