Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

mantisman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/392782/evolution-vs-intelligent-design/20#post_3490306
Your wrong. Its been proven that when you Let go of an object, it will fall. The theory of gravity tries to explain why it fell. we really dont know for a fact what causes it
http://www.notjustatheory.com/
The magnetic attraction between objects has been observed and tested, unlike ANY part of the theory of evolution. Again, weak. p.s. That website sidesteps every single bit of proof or evidence, though it says over and over there is proof and evidence beyond doubt. Really? Why not share "the proof" rather than "the observation"? Observation is anecdotal and unfit for scientific evidence, but they offer no "proof". Just, "Trust us, we know what we're saying is true, even though we have no PROOF". Bad science. Again, weak.

geridoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/392782/evolution-vs-intelligent-design/20#post_3490285
Geologic periods(precambrian, jurassic, crataceous, etc.) of sediment are used to date fossils-fossils are used to date sediment-circular proof(bad science), how did James Hutton come up with his geologic scale? So before anyone tries to say Creation is nonsense, please give a scientific answer to these two questions: 1) How did James Hutton create the geologic scale? 2) How can fossils date sediment/rocks when sediments and rock are used to date fossils? Not so fast, the 5 leading evolutionary scientists have stated there is no answer to those questions, but they should be disregarded as the evidence doesn't need to support "good science". So the foundation of a theory can be made up, whole cloth, by James Hutton and then never have to be proven? Before you geniuses start spouting the crazy evolutionist lies and lines, be prepared, I never ask a question I don't already know the answer to AND that you don't know either.
1. Only a few strata are dated from fossils. The usual method is to use radiometric dating to date some of the strata in a column, then interpret the interleaved stratigraphic dates appropriately. THEN one can observe that certain fossils appear only in certain strata, so their appearance in other geographic areas in strata there can be used to date those strata since the original strata have been dated by other means. It is also worth noting that the relative ages of strata were determined well before there was a theory of evolution.
2. Please provide the reference for your statement that "the 5 leading evolutionary scientists have stated there is no answer to those questions, but they should be disregarded as the evidence doesn't need to support "good science". Inquiring minds want to know who these scientists are and in what context they said this.

geridoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/392782/evolution-vs-intelligent-design/40#post_3490309
The magnetic attraction between objects has been observed and tested, unlike ANY part of the theory of evolution. Again, weak. p.s. That website sidesteps every single bit of proof or evidence, though it says over and over there is proof and evidence beyond doubt. Really? Why not share "the proof" rather than "the observation"? Observation is anecdotal and unfit for scientific evidence, but they offer no "proof". Just, "Trust us, we know what we're saying is true, even though we have no PROOF". Bad science. Again, weak.
The reason that there is no proof of evolution is that it is logically impossible to prove a theory, only disprove it. All scientific tests of the predictions of evolution end up being confirmed, and none has ever contradicted the theory of evolution. Those who say there is no evidence are taking their ignorance of the evidence as proof of lack of evidence which is, of course, poor scientific reasoning. This makes my point about the state of scientific education in the US today.

geridoc

What about the hole in the fossil record?
There is no hole (singular), there are many. Every time a transitional form is found it creates two (smaller) gaps in the record so the number of gaps keeps increasing the more fossils that are found.

S

saltymac2012

If you watch the history channel, there is a show called ancient aliens. I dont think every episode is 100% true, but it does raise some questions. Like all of the giant pyramids around the world. Who built them? I'll say this much, it wasnt 10,000 slaves with ropes pulling 100 ton blocks 3 miles on cut down trees. The construction of these buildings would be hard to do with todays technology...the tolerances are very impressive. I think we as humans are some kind of science project. Where is the missing link? You wont find one becaquse it didnt exist. The "gift" of speech/language has been found to be a part of our dna that shouldnt be there. So much more, but got to go right now. Check it out on H2.

geridoc

If you watch the history channel, there is a show called ancient aliens.  I dont think every episode is 100% true, but it does raise some questions.  Like all of the giant pyramids around the world. Who built them?  I'll say this much, it wasnt 10,000 slaves with ropes pulling 100 ton blocks 3 miles on cut down trees.  The construction of these buildings would be hard to do with todays technology...the tolerances are very impressive.  I think we as humans are some kind of science project.  Where is the missing link?  You wont find one becaquse it didnt exist.  The "gift" of speech/language  has been found to be a part of our dna that shouldnt be there.  So much more, but got to go right now.  Check it out on H2.
why do you say that the gift of speech/language shouldn't exist? The neural center of language, Broca's region, has been identified in a variety of birds and mammals, and in every case it is associated with the generation of linguistic communication. The fact that our species does it better is only a quantitative difference, not a meaningful qualitative differentiation any more than some animals run faster than us is meaningful (unless you are running away from a lion)-these are only traits,
nothing more. They shouldn't be categorized as "should exist" or "shouldn't exist", only that they are.

kiefers

Dang...... forgot what I was going to say!! all these statements overwhelming my cerebral cortex and well....... what? Lol
Snake, you mentioned that people are getting taller and puberty sooner as a part of evolution. To some extent this may be true but there is something else your leavng out. Hormones. Yes, hormones. We put growth hormones in our meats like chicken, and chicken eggs, beef and yes, even farm rased fish. These hormones are therfore digested by us and therefore, growth spirts. This has been proven and proven severaal times.
I liv close to the Amish. There 13 year old girls are smaller than most "modern" 13 year olds and puberty has not reached them as of yet. The study was done several years ago by I.U. and this is due to the Amish home raising their critters and adding no hormones to their live stock.
altho there is genetics.
Alot of it comes down to the survival of the fittest and fight or flight.
As for your smarter folk breed less than the unintelligent........... huh? Specify please.

dragonzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/392782/evolution-vs-intelligent-design/20#post_3490282
No way i want my tax dollars going to fund anything supporting abortion....lol
your thought process is correct, the reasoning is wrong. You shouldn't want public school teaching anything about religion due to separation of church and state....Justr because you don't believe in it, that is not an option....Tax dollars go to where the government deems fit, not where you want them...lol.
I dont recall giving you any indication that I care about what you think about my reasoning

S

saltymac2012

Geridoc, Im not a scientist or a doctor, Im only paraphrasing what I heard on the show.....the specific gene for some reason doesnt look right on the dna strain. Im sure grunting and groaning all had some meaning to cromagnum man too. Can you tell me wheres the missing link? How did they build the buildings that we find today, blocks perfectly fit together that you cant put a human hair between them even 1000s of years later? How did they inscribe the writings inside of these buildings, in total darkness, so perfectly? Hammer and chisel? Bagdad battery? Im just sayin I think our past is unclear to most of the population. Nobody for sure knows. If they do, they are keeping it a secret.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefers http:///t/392782/evolution-vs-intelligent-design/40#post_3490339
As for your smarter folk breed less than the unintelligent........... huh? Specify please.
LOL...Go rent a movie called Idiocracy... staring Luke Wilson
. It actually has the ring of truth but exagerated...one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.
Idiots have babies like rabbits while the more intelligent has maybe two children. The end result is a world full of idiots...intelligence got completely bred out of the population.

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/392782/evolution-vs-intelligent-design/40#post_3490368
. It actually has the ring of truth but exagerated...one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.
Idiots have babies like rabbits while the more intelligent has maybe two children. The end result is a world full of idiots...intelligence got completely bred out of the population.
OMG Flower... I am so happy you referenced this movie... It is one of the funniest I have ever seen as well. Here is the intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icmRCixQrx8
I am pretty sure that this is the edited version.

geridoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltymac2012 http:///t/392782/evolution-vs-intelligent-design/40#post_3490367
Geridoc, Im not a scientist or a doctor, Im only paraphrasing what I heard on the show.....the specific gene for some reason doesnt look right on the dna strain. Im sure grunting and groaning all had some meaning to cromagnum man too. Can you tell me wheres the missing link? How did they build the buildings that we find today, blocks perfectly fit together that you cant put a human hair between them even 1000s of years later? How did they inscribe the writings inside of these buildings, in total darkness, so perfectly? Hammer and chisel? Bagdad battery? Im just sayin I think our past is unclear to most of the population. Nobody for sure knows. If they do, they are keeping it a secret.
salty: I'm not sure what you mean by "missing link". This morning while I was shaving I found an intermediate link between species right in the mirror. If I could come back in a couple of hundred million years in all likelihood homo sapiens will have evolved into something else, and our own species could legitimately regarded as a missing link. There are many intermediate forms in the fossil record. The strength of evolutionary theory is its ability to make predictions, such as in a given stratum you should find such and such; and you do. That is how Neil Shubin found tiktalik, an intermediate form between aquatic and land dwelling animals. As for how the ******** of pyramids were inscribed, the did have fire, so it wasn't as dark as you think. And the Egyptians and the Maya/Aztec had very sophisticated mathematics, so the engineering of pyramids was challenging, but doable for them. And...don't forget, labor was cheap back then.

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/392782/evolution-vs-intelligent-design/40#post_3490368
Lol......... that explains my hilbilly brother! Hahahaahaaaaa 6 kids! (him and I don't talk anymore but the kids and I do frequently).
I must be super intelligent then, 1 kid! Lol. I was asked not to breed anymore. Lol

mantisman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriDoc http:///t/392782/evolution-vs-intelligent-design/40#post_3490312
The reason that there is no proof of evolution is that it is logically impossible to prove a theory, only disprove it. All scientific tests of the predictions of evolution end up being confirmed, and none has ever contradicted the theory of evolution. Those who say there is no evidence are taking their ignorance of the evidence as proof of lack of evidence which is, of course, poor scientific reasoning. This makes my point about the state of scientific education in the US today.
I love this statement: "Of course there's no proof but anyone who wants proof is scientifically ignorant." I gotcha right, Geri?
So because something can't be proven, or disproven, as long as evolutionary scientists say it, makes it so. And you are a doctor? Just, WOW! But, thank you for confirming everything I wrote. And with your total lack of evidence, you go for the "ignorant hick" line. Just classic.

mantisman51

Now we get down to word play-it depends on what "is" is. But let me give you a preview of where you're going and what I will disprove it with: The Law of Angular Momentum.

S

saltymac2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriDoc http:///t/392782/evolution-vs-intelligent-design/40#post_3490378
salty: I'm not sure what you mean by "missing link". This morning while I was shaving I found an intermediate link between species right in the mirror. If I could come back in a couple of hundred million years in all likelihood homo sapiens will have evolved into something else, and our own species could legitimately regarded as a missing link. There are many intermediate forms in the fossil record. The strength of evolutionary theory is its ability to make predictions, such as in a given stratum you should find such and such; and you do. That is how Neil Shubin found tiktalik, an intermediate form between aquatic and land dwelling animals. As for how the ******** of pyramids were inscribed, the did have fire, so it wasn't as dark as you think. And the Egyptians and the Maya/Aztec had very sophisticated mathematics, so the engineering of pyramids was challenging, but doable for them. And...don't forget, labor was cheap back then.
what I mean by missing link, when I was in school, long ago, there was a picture of man starting from the beginning to now. But there was a spot right behind where we are now and man a few 1000 years before where we are now. No bones were found for the "missing" inbetween the two.
I know they had fire, no evidence of smoke inside, no torch holders on the walls. How did the egytians/mayans figure out sophisticated mathmatics.....evolution? How long did their civilations last? Long enough to figure star maps ......cheap labor, so slaves moved 100 ton blocks? I can buy into coming back in a couple hundred million years and people will have changed, but were supposedly not that old........some say 20000 to 200000 years. That doesnt seem long enough to evolve....right? How do you feel or think I should say about the mayan calander ending this winter? End of the world? Or the beginning of a new age? Or did they just stop because it was far enough?