Fair price for Hammer Coral?

petjunkie

From a store or a fellow reefer? I charge $5 a head but average seems to be $10. A lfs is obviously going to be more expensive.

forddna

From me to another reefer. I *think* I paid $10/head from another reefer for it. 5 heads at the time.

J

jjs

It really depends on the color. If you find something rare that you don't see around too often then spend some money. Chances are you might not have the chance to buy it again. Ive paid $50 for 3 heads of frogspawn. I also paid $39.99 for a 2 heads of a highlighter green hammer about 5 years ago and its made me about $800.00 since then.

mr_x

color, and size. i have a head of frogspawn that is as large as some people's colonies with 6 or 7 heads on it. would i sell that for 5 or 10 dollars? na.

forddna

Okay, well, I managed to remove it today and take a look at it. Apparently, when it fell into the sandbed and stayed for a day or so, it took a big hit. (this was a couple months ago) There are now only 3 large heads, but 4-5 baby heads. Here's a pic...bare in mind that it's wedged in there between those rocks, so it's not fully extending. I put it in a better spot when I got done checking it out today.
My Potters Angel is playing peak-a-boo.

dse

these imo are the best coral! i love them i would love my tank to be just 100% T head hammers! or just hammers! apart from here in the uk with price convert would cost me $90 for a small size one (uk are rip offs to sw hobby)
thats why only few brits do saltwater now-a-days