Finally upgrading to saltwater!

JPark18

Hello, so after about 6 or 7 years of freshwater fishkeeping i have decide to move to salt. Now i have looked for info on google but unfortunately it got confusing quickly, so i came here i am looking for someone i can talk to that is willing to teach me every thing i need to know, and to answer questions for me. As i had said this is my first attempt at salt water so i have no idea what to expect, if anyone has time to talk that would be great! If u are able to help let me know and i will give u a way to contact me. Thank you for your time and have a great day!

3xplorer19

hello jpark18 and welcome. one piece of advice is do not rush things and do alot of RIFing (Reading is Fundamental). I made lots of mistakes in beginning cause i was rushing and not really reading. i was just asking the fish store owners so there goes mine. Now in addition to patience and rifing i watch tons of youtube and youtube and more fishtube also i dont limit myself to one fishstore i actually go to few in my area and just keep asking questions...my nano 24 gallon tank is now 2 months and 6 days old...and i'm getting the hang of it. i got an 24 gallon aquatop all in one tank with a sump built in the back...i got 3 clown fishes 1 banggai cardinal 1 neon dottyback 1 midas blenny, 4 hermits, 4 snails i think or a little more, 1 pistol shrimp which i really am annoyed because it keeps digging. 14 coral frag racks and 2 rbta's . now with my clowns i got 2 types i have 1 ocellaris which i'm going to keep and return 2 of my spotcinctus. them maybe swap to a yellow watchmen goby and call it a day. there is an aquatic exposition coming in new jersey meadowlands this weekend which MAYBE i might go. however i don't know if i should go or just buy more corals instead...

Attachments

Last edited: