First Clam

clown4life

Hello I have a 90 gal with the Nova Pro Extreme (great lights) T5s I need a clam ID. I have him/her mid tank level. It opened quick, when I put the bag in the water it started to open up, so I think it is very healthy. I bought it yesterday for $45

gsellers

that crocea is beautiful!!! given your lights have individual reflectors i say it can be fine on the sandbed

dplantz

It should start in the sand bed, you need to acclimate it slowly to the light. Under T5s, you should work the clam up to the top of the tank, as the need as much PAR as they can get, because T5s don't have the PAR penetration that metal halides do. Nice clam, looks like one of barrys.

spanko

Originally Posted by Clown4Life
http:///forum/post/2796964
what kind do you like?
I like the Crocea and Maxima. Here is my Crocea.

He resides up high in the tank under 150 watt MH. On the upper right hand side in this picture.

spanko

Huh! I just thought about what you thought when I said boring clams. You thought that I did not like them. Boring clams means that they bore into the rock they are sitting on. Some of them will bore so deep that most of the shell is not visible, only a little of it and the mantle.

at my LFS, I saw some Crocea clams at around 2'' or so for like $30. They are very healthy, and the know what they are doing.

kogle

Good looking clam.
Be careful when buying smaller clams, they are harder to keep as they haven't grown completely (or at least mostly) dependant on lighting alone.