(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

njdiver1

I just spent the last hour reading this thread and now I want to just cry! THAT TANK IS F****N' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess I'll just sit here and look at my 125 and sigh deeply for the next hour or so -
Seriously, great job

and welcome to an addiction that they don't have meetings for (yet!)

cbui2

chowtownreefer & azfishgal - thanks blue hippos are in QT, powder blue was going at it so i had them removed. i only have 3 left and rest past away due to ich outbreak back in sept. the pic you see was taking back in july when display was setup for about a month. rock and sand were introduced back in june 28 2007
OSUaquarist - thanks keep on watching as it continues to mature
njdiver1 - thanks maybe in the near future when i feel my tank is ready for local meeting then i will have it, but for now its not mature yet
saltyfish808 - thanks
some more corals were purchased and move a few things around. i need to invest in a real camera rather then buying more corals :D sorry guys for the poor picture quality, and hopefully this will do for now.

hey man what audio shop do you work in? (audio is another one of my hobbies!) , and since im in new orleans everyday if you ever feel the need to show off your tank setup, i would be glad to see that bad boy! :)

wangotango

I like the rockwork; it's really nice and open and will give your corals plenty of room to grow without becoming a tangled mess.
Any close-ups?
-Justin

clownfish11

speechless....how much did that all cost you...and how big was it again, and was that a saltwater swimming pool u was talking about before on like page 4-5

cbui2

theappe3 - thanks, if i had 100gal display then it would be filled by now

saltyfish808 - thanks, i owned a shop Platinum Performance. sorry but no time for visitors now since i been spending alot of time with the kids, soon as the reef display is mature in few years i will be happy to have party

WangoTango - thanks as i removed all rocks and live stocks few months back and gave them a big scrub cleaning. i had to redo all the rock work giving more flat, low and open areas for more flow and less detritus trap. sorry as of now i didnt get a real camera yet so no close up with the point and shoot i have. tried it many times but never get anything good
damien2818 - coming right up
ClownFiSH11 - thanks as a system like this will set up back in 5 digits range easily. i stop counting how much after tank, stand and sump was ordered. current 600gal display 96"x48"x30", next display will be out of control.
its about that time again to make some foods (3 quart ziploc) which they consume in three months.
ingredients used:
1 whole garlic
1/2 lb. fresh shrimp, squid and scallop
2 frozen packs of Hikari algae, mega angel and ocean plankton
1/2 cup formula 2 pellets and 1 cup of flakes
1/2 cup spectrum thera+ pellets by new life
15 grams whole freeze dried cyclop-eeze since out of frozen one
1 oz. garlic xtreme, 30ml Selcon, 4 oz. Zoecon and 2 oz. vita-chem
procedure for mixing ingredients together:
1. all frozen food Hikari cubes are soaked w/RO for an hour
2. fresh seafood are chopped and blended to almost paste form
3. add fresh seafood along w/Hikari products mix using spatula
4. add all pellets, cyclop-eeze and all liquid vitamins mix again
5. last item added flakes then carefully folding w/spatula but not breaking flakes into pieces

cbui2

rebel - after bags are freeze overnight, i then break them in small cubes placed them back in ziploc bags. frozen cubes are thrown directly into display and within min it's all gone. feeding is done 3 times daily to all the fishes and the other 2 bags are vacuum sealed until ready to used. i only make enough to last 3 month.

cbui2

ok took some pics, but there're not the best so enjoy. every time i get ready to ordered a real camera, i end up with coral orders instead :D. this week shipment coming in on Friday will contain 15 pc's SPS and 7 LPS. this tank is taking forever to stock up and besides i really need to get my calcium and kalk reactor online as these corals are depleting my calcium and alk pretty fast, almost double the dosage in the past 3 weeks since tons of corals have been added lately.
Left

Middle

Right

Full Tank Shot

dmcrete

CBUI2,
WEATHER YOU BELIEVE ME or not,
YOU ARE TRULY AN INSPIRATION, AND A HUGE ASSET TO THIS HOBBY,
the time spent (ALONE) on pictures, answering posts, You truly Deserve Satisfaction, And Praise, i can not imagine having four boys,a home to take care of, a wife, and a buiesness to run,,
YOU SIR, are an amazing Human Being, Honestly I myself could not do it,Taking out the trash, and playin with ONE grand child,, IM BURNT OUT!!!!
So , I just want to say,
Its Hard Working People like you, who make this hobby so Wonderful,
Keep up the good work little Buddie, NOW,,
Im gonna go change my aquascape around a little,,

THANKS DENNIS

B

bonita69

WOW Man WOW!! Look how happy those fish are!! I bet they feel like they got put back in the ocean after coming from the 20G at the LFS

dmcrete

NOPE,
Them there fish think there in heaven!!, no preditors, no cloudy water to infect their eyes,
JUST Rest and Relaxation,
Just the most beautiful aquarium ive ever seen,
Great job Little BUDDIE!!!!