(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

constantne

Simply Amazing! I just went through all 10 pages and was astonished with what you have accomplished. Great job seems like it really paid off.

rad

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2516610
Breathtaking! What type of sand do you use?
carib sea. its back on page 5 or 6 or so.
and I just wanted to say, f'in fantastic!!!! you tank(s) are awesome, your plumbing fantastic and your insight incredible. thanks for the great read. my only suggestion being: next time with all that extra room in the garage why dont you make a tank in which you can fully submerse yourself?
great tank, and that powder blue is an awesome specimen. envy does not hold enough water (no pun intended) as to the feelings I am trying to express.
edit: and more pics. who cares what kind of camera you have. I point and shoot my camera all day long and have no problem with it. I want pics dammit!

cbui2

saltyfish808 - thanks
rebelprettyboy - thanks, the growth has been great and only take about a week or 2 then start encrusting onto rock when expoxy and glue down
dmcrete - thanks, this day was plan 1 yr ago as the display made it to my house without any water. its been a journey for me and hopefully i can keep it up along with maintenence. oh dont forget i have 3 100% razorsedge pitbulls and chinese sharpei. this hobby has brought me a lot of joy and fun learning the process of ecosystem.
SpiderWoman - 1000 lbs of bahama oolite from caribsea, and another 400lbs in 2nd fuge
bonita69 - thanks as the fishes are living better then me. i feed them first before i get a chance to eat dinner. i will continue to add fish very slowly to keep up with the load,
what load? only 23 fishes in main display
LedZep - sure bring your gear
skipperdz - my mom still dont believed what i did to the house in less then 2 yrs when she come visit me.
CROME - thanks
Constantne - still have a lot of minor things i need to do, but for now tons of house projects are going on so will put it on hold for a month or so
rad - thanks as i wanted 10' long display 800gal instead, but i would had to do alot of modification to make extra 2' so i didnt. i will build the next one myself with using fiberglass

cbui2

thanks guys, here are some pics i took, not so great and enjoy.
i am curious to know what this is, once in awhile they show up in my display. is there something i need to be worried about, i believed its coming from the snails. sorry bout flash

king of display for now :D

bennyhill

Great tank, everything is
just reamber me at frag time lol i'll buy
But the true ?is ( DO YOU DO WINDOWS ) As good as you are at saltwater
... By the way i love my z too 95 300zx tt all parts from z1 great car
HOPE NOTHING BUT THE BEST FOR YOU

N

nyyank

unbelivable!!!!
How long did it take to run the direct lines from the power plant!!

BEAUTIFUL!!

wangotango

You wouldn't have a video of the waveboxes in action would you?
The trails of stuff in the first pic are snail eggs (probably nass.).
-Justin

nwdyr

Well..... what can I say????? I was going to bed when I happened onto this thread ....2 hours later
It really actually took my breath away!! God bless you for haveing the b&^%s to do it!!!! brother I am 100% straight but I think I love you
really, just plain old A-M-A-Z-I-N-G I have to go throw my nano tank out the window now!!!!

cbui2

bennyhill - thanks but frag time will be yrs from now

nyyank - thanks not too long, jump directy off service pole front of house
rad - thanks its only cheap point and shoot, rather spend money on corals

WangoTango - thanks no video, i'll see what i can come up with. no major waves as i am only adding waveboxes to create random currents along with my 2 om4 ways. i thought they were from snails
nwdyr - thanks keep your nano
as long you reefing no matter how big or small