(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

nwdyr

Sorry if this is a question already asked but, do you still park you'r car in the garage? if you open you'r garge door does the outside temp affect the temp of all those tanks?

cbui2

fishfreak1242 - have topdown boxes built already, just need a real camera

nwdyr - no problem, all my cars are outside. garage doors are closed during the winter & summer seasons. open spring and fall, this does not effect the tanks temp at all, only if the weather is really cold outside then i would have it closed. garage is well insulated also
blademaster - thanks
CPG - thanks took me awhile to get it right and learning the entire ecosystem is the hardest part. the coolest things about this hobby is gettting educated on something new everyday

halostalker

Sick tank, great job keep the updates coming and can't wait till u get a real camera. im goin to do the same thing for my midlife crisis.
exept most likely my wife would kill me=P

pettyhoe

Originally Posted by cbui2
http:///forum/post/2494507
its about that time again to make some foods (3 quart ziploc) which they consume in three months.
ingredients used:
1 whole garlic
1/2 lb. fresh shrimp, squid and scallop
2 frozen packs of Hikari algae, mega angel and ocean plankton
1/2 cup formula 2 pellets and 1 cup of flakes
1/2 cup spectrum thera+ pellets by new life
15 grams whole freeze dried cyclop-eeze since out of frozen one
1 oz. garlic xtreme, 30ml Selcon, 4 oz. Zoecon and 2 oz. vita-chem
procedure for mixing ingredients together:
1. all frozen food Hikari cubes are soaked w/RO for an hour
2. fresh seafood are chopped and blended to almost paste form
3. add fresh seafood along w/Hikari products mix using spatula
4. add all pellets, cyclop-eeze and all liquid vitamins mix again
5. last item added flakes then carefully folding w/spatula but not breaking flakes into pieces
In regards to the Selcon and Zoecon, I have heard from a very reliable source that using liquid baby vitamins is more efficient and healthy for the fish, and quite cheaper and readily available. Just a thought, although it seems as though price isn't one of your biggest priorities. haha, kick a** setup and job! I'll keep reading.

luke01

I mean that in a nice way Dr. Whatever you are smoking let me have some do. Awesome.
Ps. I am just guessing you are a Dr. it looks a little out of my price range. Keep us posted.

cbui2

HaloStalker - thanks, but good thing my wife and kids love the display
PettyHoe - thanks as im afraid to try that supplements, all the fishes are happy and will fed with no complaint so far

luke01 - thanks, no Dr. here. just been working hard for the past 15 yrs so i get to sit back and relax for now

few updates:
the hardest employee finally gets to eat when everyone sleeping

just harvest 5 weeks ago and now its full again :D

with only 23 fishes, my skimmer will retired soon unless new arrivals are coming :D.

cbui2

finally i should be ready to install my calcium reactor, its only been in my closet for a year :D. gonna need some assistant on this one
here's the list of equipment on hand
Deltec PF1001
90lbs ROWALith C+ Media
20lb CO2 Tank
Aquarium Plants CO2 Regulator
Milwaukee SMS-122

S

saltyshogun

Simply Unreal!!! Your hardwork has really paid off. Thanks for keeping us updated with pics. I can't even imagine seeing this setup in person! I'm constantly drooling on my keyboard as I scroll through this thread as it is.

F

flame hawk

very very nice lob my hats is off toy you i think a eel would look great in that tank nice fish list also

J

jesses89

Cbu, what a nice tank... great job.
i have a few questions...
What happened to your Regal angel?
whats your current stocklist?
How many scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp do you have?
You should get some neon gobies.... will keep your fish clean... hopefully preventing any ich outbreaks in the future..

deltablack22

I read way back when that you replaced the top layer of sand in the tank every so often. Why and how and why again do you try to do that? That just seems like a needless undertaking and expensive at that. Speaking of the sandbed - WHERES THE CLAMS!?!? You've got plenty of room for some clam!