fish stores in south florida

tunafish

hey guys,
i am in boca raton (south) florida, and i am just sick of my local fish store. If any other south floridians could recommend some other fish stores it would be incredibly helpful. I want to enhance my tank but i need a good store to help me. PLEASE!!!

miaheatlvr

Hi There, have you tried *Link Removed* there in lauderale or the fish collection there in north Miami,, i have some more ideas in Miami if you need,,, regards!

mrdc

I am leaving today for Hollywood FL. I may go look for some places too. I guess if I find something I really like, I will have them ship it to me. Stopping by Orlando first, so I will check there also.

emmitt

Everyone will tell you that big al's is the best. They are great for fish and to look around but they usually dont have alot of corals and no healthy anemones. They are also EXPENSIVE and no haggling. Plus , its like a home depot and impossible to get help.
Try exotic aquatics(Oakland park blvd)or Jaws(broward and 95), they have the best selections of nice corals , decent prices and can usually haggle

mystic7

I used to live in Fort Lauderdale (and am SO happy I got out of there), but if I remember correctly there is a very good Marine only fish store off Commercial Blvd. just east of Dixie Hwy. next to Merryfield Kennels.

whackamole

Jawz has everything but is a little prices. but there store rocks. im not sure if there is one by u. i live in broward and theres one down here. there website is *Link Removed*

o and theres a huge fish store (they dont have much coral but they have every fish. its like as big as a grocery store and it has salt and fresh water fish. i think its called big al's but im not positive

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Start shopping online. All the possibilities are online, at better prices.

emmitt

Gotta support your lfs! If they all go away, what will we do all weekend??? :joy:
$65 at Exotic equatics, even threw in 5 blulegs, 3 turbo's and a bunch of nice rubble for frags

lion_crazz

I am kindly asking the two posters who posted links to websites to remove them please. This is against saltwaterfish.com policy, and does not make the owners of SWF.com very happy. Their view is that if you are posting on the forum that they pay for, then you should not be posting competitors' links on their forum. The competitors' get free advertising, while saltwaterfish.com gets nothing out of it.

qreef

Tuna,
here are the list you may been to some of them.
Barrier reef--Boca
Aquarium world-Boca
Aqua something in-boynton of us-1
Coral sea pets- lauderdale good corals
jew of the sea - Greenacre
Coral reefer- WPB
reef life- Hollywood
or use goolge map type in your zip code then "saltwater fish"

emmitt

Lion, the one link is to a lfs is fort lauderdale, they dont ship any items so you have to be there to buy. Is that still not allowed? not sure about that rule, if they are considered a competitor :notsure: I know i see people all the time talking about good lfs's. Can we do that?

D

davidmwj

I tried a couple of stores in Boca area. I like Barrier Reef, but it's always a madhouse and I find myself waiting a while to get help. However, I always get my water there now as I've had problems at other places. Last year after the hurricanes, I couldn't get any from them. They told me that they get their water out of Biscayne Bay in Miami, and they haven't been getting any because the water was so stirred up from the storms. That to me is a good thing. I assume it's true, but I never had problems with their water either way.
I've been wanting to try this site to order fish, as they are close to us (Ft. Pierce). However, I work an hour from home, so the fish would have to stay with me all day at work. haven't been brave enough to try it.

crzyfshygy

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
Hi There, have you tried *Link Removed* there in lauderale or the fish collection there in north Miami,, i have some more ideas in Miami if you need,,, regards!
That place you mentioned here does not have any of those awesome corals you see on there web-site! Trust me...they are open on Fridays from 12-6 and I went there to try and get the SUPERMAN MONTI they had on there site and no dice. They had like 2 acro's and they were both dying

sugarfox03

I work down in Boca, and I was going to recommend Barrier Reef, but others beat me to it. I love that place, great selection, but you do wait awhile to get help (took me 30 mins on my lunch break to get 1 stinkin piece of live rock.) My absolute favorite place though is in West Palm Beach, its called Coral Sea. The owner is awesome, knows his regulars all by name, his employees are more than helpful and all very knowledgeable. Prices aren't bad (he matches competitors prices.) There is no wait to get help, he has an awesome reef tank which I could stare at for hours, they get weekly shipments (I think Mondays or Tuesdays.) The only problem with them is they close at 7:00 during the week, when I normally get home. So I can only visit on weekends
They are on Military Trail, a little south of Okeechobee, on the west side, across from Denny's, at the intersection of Military and Cherry (I think thats what it is called.)
-Melody