Flame Angel food

kayak385

I started feeding my flame angel and the rest of my tank mates frozen angelfish food because they wouldn't accept the pellets as easily.
Now all my tank mates will eat anything that drops into the tank.
My question: Can I start feeding my fish pellets only? The reason I ask is because I was reading that automatic feeders help the fish to be on a regular diet. I have also read that feeding a variety is good for them.
Should I do what was done to me as a kid: regular food on weekdays and out to eat on weekends?
That seems like a good way to cut costs down while still allowing my fish to keep variety.
What are the thoughts?

joncat24

I think the more variety of quality foods, the better off you are. I rotate my foods every couple of days. They seem more ineterested in it that way for some reason.
By the way, that place I was telling you about in springboro got some wicked nice clams in today. Brian will be there on Friday. If you get a chance you should stop up there....

who dey

Originally Posted by joncat24
I think the more variety of quality foods, the better off you are. I rotate my foods every couple of days. They seem more ineterested in it that way for some reason.
By the way, that place I was telling you about in springboro got some wicked nice clams in today. Brian will be there on Friday. If you get a chance you should stop up there....
email me the springboro place jeggleston@multiwall.com

merredeth

I make my own food fresh from the seafood section of my local grocery store.
The fish love it and the angel is a pig when it comes to feeding times.
If you are having some problems with the angel eating, soaking freshly ground food or frozen food in garlic helps.
As for getting fish on a regular schedule, if you set up some kind of routine yourself, you should be okay.
For my tanks, I feed them three times a day. The difference is I divide the single feeding portion into thirds and feed it throughout the day. This way, there is less dropping to the substrate and reduces the potential for the food being missed by the fish or clean up crew.
Generally, my fish get fed at 6:30 AM, Noon and at 5:30 PM.
Denise M.

kayak385

Originally Posted by WHO DEY
email me the springboro place jeggleston@multiwall.com

Originally Posted by joncat24

also if you ever get up toward springboro...on...
also if you ever get up toward springboro...on SR73 right behind applebee's is aqautic pets and ponds.....that is the best store in the world as far as I am concerned...ask for brian and tell him I...
There you go WHO DEY! ... I'm figuring out how to do good research!