food that actually sinks?

Hey guys
I am going out of town for about 8 days, while I am gone I have someone who is coming in as often as possible to check the tank and feed the fish. In the mean time I have just gotten an eheim auto fish feeder (I know these are not ideal but on short notice it will supplement when he can't make it). So far it works pretty good only problem I have, is every food I have tried just floats, most of my guys don't like to top feed. I have formula 2 flakes and I have formula one marine pellets, neither one of these sink on drop. Anybody know of any food that actually sinks when it hits the water?
Thanks

mr. limpid

What fish do you have most fish will do fine without food for 8 days? I would be more concern with top off water and equipment malfunction. Specturm makes a marine sinking pellet.

Yeah I am concerned with that as well but I will have water ready and my friend will top off everything for me as well as check equipment. I have 3 dispar anthias, 1 yellow tang, 2 percula clowns, 2 dominos, 1 sixline wrasse, and 1 diamond goby in a 125 gal tank

mr. limpid

Ya you have a lot of little fish try the sinking pellets. Not a lot it better to under feed while you are gone. Hey didn't you get the rule book when you started your SW tank no leaving home, lol.
PS try feeding it B4 you go make sure they all will eat it.

hah I know I almost dread going on vacation because every time I come back something is not the way I left it, but I have a pretty good system now with timers for everything just need to make sure I don't loose power or anything silly like that :)

mr. limpid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tableforglasses http:///t/394828/food-that-actually-sinks#post_3514380
hah I know I almost dread going on vacation because every time I come back something is not the way I left it, but I have a pretty good system now with timers for everything just need to make sure I don't loose power or anything silly like that :)
Good luck, try to enjoy yourself.