Frogspawn Help!!!!

dustintx

So I have 2 seperate frogspawn corals. Yesterday I noticed one was retracting so I did about a 25% water change. All corals look amazing except for this one single frogspawn. So today it has been retracted completely and wont come out. Also,the skeleton seems to be very brittle as I noticed some falling apart.
All parameters are good,flow is good,lighting good, so I'm at a loss for words.
Calcium 440 ppm
Amonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate .5 ppm
SG 1.024

I also a few days started feeding reef roids and all corals including this one were very happy. I wonder if I over fed and fouled the water. Rookie mistake.
Other than that,I have no idea what could have happened.

2quills

The coral at the bottom of the second image looks dead.

You also need to be checked your alkalinity and magnesium levels as well as ph if you're going to keep stony corals.

dustintx

I did a water change and dipped it in antibiotic solution for a while. Fingers crossed,but not looking good. It's my fault though. I didn't realise how quickly reef roids can foul tank water if fed too much. Lesson learned! Another water change will be done today.

2quills

I'm not sure the reef roids did it but they will foul the water up fairly quickly. Use it very sparingly if at all.

Something in the tank may have damaged the coral to get at the reef roids. I had the problem with crabs till I removed them.

dustintx

I'm not sure the reef roids did it but they will foul the water up fairly quickly. Use it very sparingly if at all.

Something in the tank may have damaged the coral to get at the reef roids. I had the problem with crabs till I removed them.
Its possible,but at the same time,the corals were great until the feeding of roids started. I'm thinking about removing all hermits to sump just in case and adding more snails.

2quills

Might not be a bad idea. Especially if you chose to target feed corals. Ive found that that crabs do just fine in sumps.

Jesterrace

So I have 2 seperate frogspawn corals. Yesterday I noticed one was retracting so I did about a 25% water change. All corals look amazing except for this one single frogspawn. So today it has been retracted completely and wont come out. Also,the skeleton seems to be very brittle as I noticed some falling apart.
All parameters are good,flow is good,lighting good, so I'm at a loss for words.
Calcium 440 ppm
Amonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate .5 ppm
SG 1.024

I also a few days started feeding reef roids and all corals including this one were very happy. I wonder if I over fed and fouled the water. Rookie mistake.
Other than that,I have no idea what could have happened.
The salinity seems a hair low. Usually you want it at around 1.025 if you have corals. Also what are you feeding your tank and what kind of lighting are you using? My frogspawn and hammer really seem to enjoy the two small Frozen Reef Frenzy feedings that I give the tank each day.