Frogspawn

bugsman

I've been reading about the aggressiveness of this coral. It says their tentacles will come out about 6 inches and sting other corals. My question is I have a neon mushroom and a frogspawn in my tank but I think they may be too close together - there is at least 4 inches or so between them and I don't know where to move it to get it further away. I'm being bad and I'm at work right now, but when I get home, I'll post some pictures and see if y'all have any suggestions for me.
This is a picture of my tank before I put the frogspawn in the hole that's circled in red and moved the mushroom over some. Maybe I can move the zoa's somewhere else and put the mushroom where they are (left side when you're looking at the computer).
I'm so confused about placement and the tank is not very big really

https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/data/9/9d/9d31c857_frogsapwn.jpeg

bang guy

The Frogspawn is unlikely to waste sweepers on a coral as nonthreatening as Mushrooms. I would wait until there's a problem before rearranging.

bugsman

That sounds good. However, how will I know if there is a problem, will my mushroom shrink up and stay that way??

bugsman

Thanks for the information. Now that I've researched, I know what to look for. Being new at this it's good to learn something new everyday.

bugsman

For my own peace of mind I relocated the rock with the mushrooms on it a little further away. All seems to be going good with no problems as far as the corals go. I do have a question about bristle worms. I have found 2 in my tank. I did a search and it seems that they can be beneficial if there aren't too many of them One of them is at least 4 inches long from what I can see. What is the opinion on bristle worms? Do I keep them or get rid of them and if I need to get rid of them, how?? My tank is 28 gallons.

S

siptang

looks great! i think it should be fine too but you already moved it lol. I have a small one in my tank but I have never really seen it expanding that much.

bugsman

Thanks. I have to say my little frogspawn is really doing good or so it appears to me. I will take another picture of it when I get back to my house, but it likes its new home I think.