Gold Nugget Maroon clownfish compatibility with a pair of Platinum and Midnight

mnkchckn

so I have a young Gold Nugget in my 45 gallon and have a pair of the platinum and midnight. they pair have out grown their reef tank and would like to move them in with the gold nugget. yes or no? all of the fish are the exact same size. the gold nugget did become very territorial with the lightning maroon it was in with at the aquarium store and shredded its fins slightly. however they were in a considerably smaller tank than the one i would like the other two to be apart of. I was thinking a tank divider for the first couple weeks ?

mnkchckn

ABSOLUTELY NOT. The maroon will kill them.
are you sure they are all the same size and its a 2 too 1. my friend has a thunder maroon and a lightning marroon and the thunder is 3 times the size of the lightning. there is an every once in a while chase around the reef but neither fish is ever hurt or affected

lmforbis

Maroons don’t mix especially if they’ve already transitioned to female. They transition quickly and young so your solo maroon is a female and one of the others is too. That means fight to the death. If the other two are a different species, it will be even more likely.

lmforbis

are you sure they are all the same size and its a 2 too 1. my friend has a thunder maroon and a lightning marroon and the thunder is 3 times the size of the lightning. there is an every once in a while chase around the reef but neither fish is ever hurt or affected
Your friends are a male female pair. The larger one is the female.

lmforbis

I assume your platinum and midnight are oscelaris, a different species. You can’t mix clown fish of different species, period.

lmforbis

Once you’ve had a maroon clown by itself, even for just a couple weeks, it will have transitioned to a female. You will never be able to give it another maroon or any other clown fish.
The only way to get a pair of marooons is to buy a mated pair or buy two very young ones at the same time, probably from the same clutch of eggs.

mnkchckn

Once you’ve had a maroon clown by itself, even for just a couple weeks, it will have transitioned to a female. You will never be able to give it another maroon or any other clown fish.
The only way to get a pair of marooons is to buy a mated pair or buy two very young ones at the same time, probably from the same clutch of eggs.
Is it possible to take a known male maroon from a different pair? Mines been alone for 2 weeks

jay0705

Maroons are one of the hardest clowns to pair. Be happy with one and stock other fish, not clowns around it.

Trigger5fish

Yer they hard to pair but not impossible I hate all the people how say u cant do this because of this they to scared to do the hobby and because they cant do they try putting u of I've had much success buy trying things with things I've got a 12x2x3 tank with a clown trigger who may I add have been in my take for 7 year never gone postal with a pair of nomal clownfish what I've had for 4 year and a mandarin what coming up 2

jay0705

Your tank is 12ft long? Hell in that you could have a dozen maroon clowns. Its not apples to apples. Its apples to watermelon