Greatest Auction of All Time About to Happen

merredeth

I have approximately 75 - 80 pounds of live rock for sale and am presently storing it in my garage as my LFS has went out of business, in addition to about 20K worth of saltwater, freshwater, dog, cat and reptile products. I need to get rid of EVERYTHING.
We decided before his auction to store things at my home and I would take the items to the great auction site and attempt to sell there. However, I also told him my saltwater friends on this board have been a tremendous help to me when needed and that I felt I should share the information and discount anything new or used because of my membership and the friends that I have made here online.
So, he went through his store and determined reserves on some items and others he didn't. Things were going at insane prices and I felt like my friend was losing his rear end in the things that he he put up for auction and didn't put in my basement. Well, there was only one solution and that was to do everything I could with my checkbook and buy some of the more expensive used and new items that he had in the auction. I thought about keeping the items I legitimately bought through the auction, but I don't feel right about it. I feel like I have bent my friend over backwards and stuck it to him if I use anything and should sell all the stuff I purchased as well. My LFS became a good friend, here for pool parties, dinners, whatever. He is a friend and it just doesn't feel right to let friends have a problems and not help them find solutions.
So now I'm in a pickle. I have about 20K worth of used and new inventory in my basement for saltwater, freshwater, dog, cat and reptile products. Like IU said, some I purchased on my own because I couldn't stand to see my friend take such a loss when I knew I could do somthing, and some was put in my basement with the intention of me putting things onto the great auction site. Just about any product you can possibly need I have. Most items are brand new and some are used. There is just too much to list. I will be listing individual items on the great auction website under my name merredeth - the same one I use here as well.
Anyone interested in anything new or used in anything should shoot me an email at the following address - (make sure you put the name all together with the dot com) merredeth at g mail dot com before look at buying used items as I probably have the item brand new at a used price. This way, my friend recoups some of his losses and at the same time you get the benefit of brand new.
While I didn't have to post this information and could just go over to the auction site or the water auction site (you know which one, the spanish name for water) I felt posting something here and allowing some emails to come to me from my friends here on this site was the right thing to do as I have receieved help and offered help here throughout my time as a member of this website.
Thanks a lot,
merredeth