Hawaiian Dragon Eels ?

cheyco

Hi . I just started up a 150. My question is does anyone out there own a hawaiian dragon eel or a set? If so are they any more difficult to care for than any other moray? They are so expensive so I'd like to have as much info and opinions as possible before making a decision. I still have plenty of time as I said, I just started cycling tonight. Thanks.

E

exile415

I've heard they are hardy and are pretty easy to take care of. They look extremely mean, I've seen one at a fish store and those teeth looked razor sharp. But it does have very beautiful colors. Good luck and remember.Take it slow, It will pay off.

sunburnt

There's one up for bids starting at $400 on a small site... ____ bid.com Spanish word for water in the blank. (Hope that doesn't violate a rule!) :notsure:

pco1988

I can get them for $300 from my guy out in Hawii. It would cost for you about $500 after shipping, he will ship you direct from Hawii to you via an airline and you would have to pick it up at an airport.
Philip

cheyco

Originally Posted by pco1988
I can get them for $300 from my guy out in Hawii. It would cost for you about $500 after shipping, he will ship you direct from Hawii to you via an airline and you would have to pick it up at an airport.
Philip
That is a BIG difference in price . Why so cheap ? By the way, where is Riva,MD. What county? I live in Charles co. Have you ever been to Roozens? $2,500. for a pair.

risc

They are extremely hardly, eat anything, and are very easy to take care of. Their only downside is trying to find tankmates for them. They will eat almost anything you put in the tank with them. After all shipping and crating fees I paid like $660 for mine. Two for $2,500 is rediculous.

moraymike

I've had mine for about 4 years +... As risc said, it's tough to find tankmates for these guys. Mine has been alone for the past few years. Very hardy and fascinating eels!

pco1988

Originally Posted by cheyco
That is a BIG difference in price . Why so cheap ? By the way, where is Riva,MD. What county? I live in Charles co. Have you ever been to Roozens? $2,500. for a pair.
Anne Arundel
I have heard of Roozens but never been there. I work at the House of Tropicals and one of my friends works at Todays Pet.
I can get the Dragon Eels for so cheap because I have a guy out in Hawii that will get me what I want including my Achilles/Gold Rim Tang Hybrid that is coming in in the next couple of weeks, and another guy out in Hawii near Chrismas Island who gets me things like Black Long Nose Tangs for about $225. Or how about cheverons for about $50?
If you people that live near me and want something from Hawii email me at pco1988@hotmail.com for more details.
Philip