Hello from Baghdad

1journeyman

Just wanted to thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes. I arrived in the Green Zone yesterday without any issues.

el guapo

Be safe my friend . keep your butt low and your head lower .
P.S. Can I put in an order for a shmagh ? Mine bit the dust finally ,has a big tear in the middle of it . .

bdhutier

I bet that was one hell of a fun landing, eh Journey? We flew in and out of there all the time, and man was it great! Never knew a C-130 could move like that!!
Be safe, dude!

jennythebugg

glad to hear you arrived safely . how are your quarters? i am hoping you have ac there , i was thinking about that the other day. is it terribly hot? sorry so full of ?'S....anyways hi !

phtby

dude thanks for everything you do for our country ..... keep up the good work and come home safe best wishes

1journeyman

I'll try to answer the questions as they come up.
The landing was fun.. as a contractor I flew commerically. We tried to come in a day before but as we approached Baghdad a sandstorm blew in and so after circling we flew back to Amman.
I'll be able to keep in touch, np. Should be online every day.
Living in a converted steel pre-fab. Definitely air conditioned. Small, but cool.
It is definitely warm, but will get much hotter. Right now it is still pretty dusty.
SoCal, it's funny you said that. As I was flying over wondering what the heck I was doing I thought of that and realized I'm on the right course.

rylan1

I hear its smelly over there because they have landfills or lack there of that are right in the middle of town.

bdhutier

OMG Rylan, it REEKS over there. I can't put my finger on the smell, but wow, must be something they eat. You get used to it pretty quickly and forget about it, unless you stand right next to them.