HELP - Anemone Dying??????

A

annette02

I added an anemone to my tank yesterday - today the water is very cloudy and the anemone looks almost like its insides are coming out...
i have posted a pic. Water parameters are all good - ph 8.2, nitrate 0 , nitrite 0 , ammonia 0, temp 24c. I have 2 ocellaris clowns in the tank and nothing else - any ideas pls guys?

nacl freak

Color looks good and it's still inflated. They look that way when they're excrea
ting waste. What type of light do you have? Cloudy water is an issue. Is the entire tank cloudy?

A

annette02

Yes the entire tank is now cloudy - there is a "smoke like" stuff coming from the mouth area of the anemone thats making it cloudy...

perfectdark

The pic you show looks like its excreting waste. However the cloudyness you describe sounds like its releasing sperm/eggs a reproductive method. Not often seen but not unheard of. I agree it doesnt look bad from the pic. But if the water looks as bad as you say it does I would start regular water changes every 2 days. Large ones 30% or better.

huggie

It's color looks good, if it were mine, i would try a small water change, keep everything clean a fresh in tank, or put it in a drip bucket, how did you acclamate it an for how long? some like to hide when their first put in.is their any place it can go in your tank to hide it looks like it is right out in the open.
keep cal. levels up level. hope it makes it.

calaxa

The smoke was definitely sperm. Cloudiness from it will pass and won't harm anyone. Water change is not needed but can be done as others suggested for aesthetic reasons. This is probably in a smaller tank? My nem does this from time to time but I have enough volume that the water doesn't remain cloudy for long.
From the picture, there looks to be nothing wrong at all with your nem. Color looks good. He looks nicely inflated. He's probably really happy actually to be shooting his load out there.