Help!!! Any advice or comments would be very helpful!

jussery17

no I know it won't help for nitrate to lower....I was telling jay in that last post that I worded what I meant to say the wrong way...lol...I understand how the breakdown of nitrate works but I was just confirming that when I have fish I change the water to get rid of nitrate.....anyways thanks for the science lesson lol jk....just got done doing some DIY and fixed a way to hang my CoraLife lights....I think it looks great...now just waiting on nitrite to go down to 0 and ghost feeding everyday until that happens...also I'm going to load two pics bc I have a question...the first is just a pic of my light hanging deal and the 2nd pic is a lot of "white dots colonizing" all over my rocks and it looks like white hair like things waiving in the current that's attached to the rocks...what is this growing on it?

Attachments

jussery17

Also, my salinity levels keep dropping to 1.020-1.021....I've got an aerator stone going to help with oxygen and cycling and it seems to be evaporating a little quicker than normal,I've only topped off with a gallon or two or rodi....how do I get my salinity back up the correct way and not mess anything up?

jay0705

Air stones do help with evap. Your salinty is fine for fish. My tanks are 1.019-1.023 depending on when i check them. I just started with a few corals so thats the higher one.

jussery17

So hypothetically...if it keeps dropping, would I now water with a stronger salinity in a tub with a powerhead to raise it?

jussery17

Hey what kind specifically of a clean up crew does everyone recommend..and do I put them in all at once right after my tank is done cycling before adding fish? Or what? I have a 75 gallon long tank

jussery17

What exact kinds of snails? and how many of each would you get of each?
What would you get? Also, do I put them in a few at a time or all at once?