Help! Brain coral dying??

What is going on with my brain coral? Is it slowly dying? Is it possible to stop this from spreading and to possibly regrow tissue over this skeletal structure??
Any help would be greatly appreciated. This has been my showpiece for 2 years now!!!

I have been feeding freeze dried brine shrimp and mysis about twice a week.
And the salinty is 35 ppt. Which is I think about 1.026 Specific gravity.

nycbob

these fish shouldnt bother it. just monitor it and see if it gets worse. most of the time, it will grow back.

i have a similar problem, difference being the flesh has completely off the skeleton, but the brain continues to open nice and big but he can float away very easy with no anchor, will brains regrow new skeletons? he has been like this for quite some time but i don't know what to do.

d-man

I feed peaces of shrimp like you would get for yourself and cover them with a tub that has holes in it so my fish dont take the food from them and they love it

alix2.0

Originally Posted by suspectcobra
http:///forum/post/3055673
i have a similar problem, difference being the flesh has completely off the skeleton, but the brain continues to open nice and big but he can float away very easy with no anchor, will brains regrow new skeletons? he has been like this for quite some time but i don't know what to do.
ive heard of acans doing that and i think its kind of like when a mushroom will pop off a rock and then reattach somewhere else. i think when it finds a spot it like it will start to grow a new skeleton.