Help dwarf seahorse stuck at birth

Robert Gifford

Hello, my male dwarf seahorse is giving birth but only the tail is showing, the tail is still moving around, but he's been like this for an hour, is it usual?!

Attachments

pegasus

Flower would be the seahorse person who comes to mind for that question. She may not have noticed this post just yet, so I'd send her a message and ask if she has any experience with this situation.

flower

I think the baby is seriously stuck, males do a kind of jerk motion and release their babies... I posted in a private message for Robert to contact the emergency seahorse.org site... I have never heard of such a thing, it doesn't sound good. Those little tiny dwarfs would be hard to help.

Robert Gifford

It came out earlier, It's the only one that came out so far. I'm not sure if it's going to live because it is so small and barely moving. It just sinks to the bottom

Attachments

streamer

just noticed your post, hope that everything went ok... update us, thks...
this is very interesting to me, I am in the process of setting up a tank for some ponies, I am going with males only, I don't have any experience with babies...I am so lucky, on another site there are 2 ppl that have tons of knowledge raising them so they have volunteered to be my mentors...

flower

just noticed your post, hope that everything went ok... update us, thks...
this is very interesting to me, I am in the process of setting up a tank for some ponies, I am going with males only, I don't have any experience with babies...I am so lucky, on another site there are 2 ppl that have tons of knowledge raising them so they have volunteered to be my mentors...
Hi,

I doubt this person is still around... If you like seahorses, you can get Erectus or Kuda horses, captive bred...they eat frozen Mysis shrimp, and are as easy to care for as any SW fish. Those little zots are a pain, you can only feed them newly hatched baby brine shrimp.

streamer

the 2 ppl that I was referring to are very well experienced raising seahorses, I am so very lucky to be able to call them friends..
I know that the babies are a pain to raise so that is why I am leaving them to the experts...

flower

the 2 ppl that I was referring to are very well experienced raising seahorses, I am so very lucky to be able to call them friends..
I know that the babies are a pain to raise so that is why I am leaving them to the experts...
Um..It isn't the babies, the adults have to have newly hatched brine shrimp or they starve. As far as seahorse babies, the dwarf horses are the easiest because they stay in the tank with the adults.