Help!!!! Hurry Please Help!!!!

aloysiusii

I have a LTA that has gotten sucked up into the powerhead and is know looking like it has just been attacked by a Shark!!! Almost all of the tenticals are shredded and it looks bad. I hurried and unpluged the powerhead and let the LTA make its way back out. And I mean it was all the way up inside the powerhead only the foot was showing.. So it came out when I touched it then I picked it up and it stuck to my gloves so it was still sticky so I placed it back into the spot it is always at. Know I did a parcial water change and the water is still looking cloudy. The LTA is know moving somewhat so know what do I do??????? I need your help never had ever seen anything like this before..............

o2ngk

I am sorry to learn what happened to your LTA .. well, if it just happened it is hard to tell the chance of surviving the injury .. by the next day, you should be able to see if it has a chance to survive or not .. But a quick look: If only the tentacles that were injured/damaged/separated, then you have a good chance .. but if part of the foot/body/mouth is damaged, then you have a very slim chance .. I had the same issue with mine and it survive then re-grow the damaged tentacles .. protect the LTA from any disturbance if you can .. also without the tetacles, you have to help feeding the food.

sac10918

I am not sure what to do here (I don't own an anemone or anything) but I belive that the damaged anemone may leak toxic chemcials into your tank....
HOw large is your tank and how large of a water change did you do?
Sorry I can't be more helpful, but at least I can give you a bump!

skipperdz

if you have a qt tank i suggest putting it there, its not a good thing when an anenome dies in a tank

1journeyman

Run carbon and do water changes. Test for ammonia.
Sadly this is why prefilters MUST be on all powerheads that anemones can encounter.

perfectdark

If its foot and base are still in tact let it be. A dying anenome is easy to recognize, an injured one under the right conditions can make a recovery. Admittedly its touch and go from here on out, but its tenticles can grow back and keeping it under good lighting and making sure its still eating will help a lot. IMO. Changing its environment IMO will only stress it out more, keeping it where its comfortable would be better, as long as its still alive. Good luck.

nanoreef

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Run carbon and do water changes. Test for ammonia.
Sadly this is why prefilters MUST be on all powerheads that anemones can encounter.
+
Very true