Help me please!

Lisa Cutcher

my pink tip anemone has found my filter... It appears to be alive, I think I caught it, but not exactly sure... Some tentacles are coming out very slowly as I disconnected it and laid it on the bottom.... What do you think? I'm trying to upload photo or video but seems it won't allow me to add the file...

pegasus

If the nem is extending some tentacles, and it hasn't turned itself inside-out, I'd say that's a good sign. It's been awhile, but it seems like I had to make a few posts when I first joined before it would let me post pictures. If you're not getting an error message when trying to put up a pic, that may be the case.

flower

Hi...never pry the critter off the power head...turn it off and let it relax and get itself out, so disconnecting the PH and laying it on the bottom is exactly what you needed to do. I have had them tangle themselves up in the power heads before, and they do survive it.

Now for in the future...cover those PHs! anemones have no eyes or brain, they follow the water flow...the water flow always lead to the power heads. Anemones often go on the move, and without the PHs covered they are a danger to themselves.