HELP ME

joerdie

I need help! I have been doing salt water for about two years now but about three weeks ago I built a refugium as a safe tank. It is not hooked up to my main tank and its just there to harvest calerpa and help out fish that are being picked on. Anyway this morning I awoke to find green "smoke" coming off of the grapevine calerpa!!! Have they gone sexual? My other question is will my feather calerpa be affected? Please HELP!!!

nacl-h2o

It does sound like its gone sexual and no it wont affect the other caulerpa. but if the tank is small it may cause an ammonia spike when the gametes begin to die.

joerdie

Thanx Dan!! I think im going to have a heart attack over this but youve calmed my nerves a little. Is the grapevine calerpa harder to grow?

nacl-h2o

Actualy grape is usually the easiest. Allways make sure your caulerpa is more than one plant brake it every once in a while. That way if a section goes it all won't go, because they will be different individuals. And its better to keep more than one type for the same reason.