Help please.

Hello all.

I have a 75 gallon fowlr tank. Been up and running for 6 months. Running two canister filters for filtration. Tank was cycled.

Ammonia 0.0
Nitrite 0.0
Nitrate 10.0
PH 8.0
Salinity 1.026
Temp 77
I have a pair of Clown fish. They have been here for about two months with no problem.
Then a month ago I added a Lemon Peel Angle. And two weeks ago I added three PJ Cardinals.

The day I added the Cardinals, the Angle started acting weird...Hiding. two days later, the Angle and two of the Cardinals were dead. Third Cardinals was OK. Now , a week after the others does, the third Cardinals has died.

All the while, the clown fish seem happy.

What has caused the loss of these fish.

All parameters look good to me. And I do a 20% water change every other weekend.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I floated him in his bag for about 45 minutes. Then, I added about 4oz of tank water to the bag every 5min for an hour. Then, removed half of the water from the bag and then continued adding water every 5 min for another 45 min.

Had him for a month so I wouldn't think the acclimation was the problem. Or, am I wrong?

one-fish

Sorry to hear .....It would be hard to pinpoint what exactly happened. I learned the hard way to use a QT before adding livestock. It reduces stress on the fish and you can observe them for signs of disease or abnormal behavior before adding them to your DT.

jay0705

No a month is too long for acclimation to have been the issue. They do best tho in established tanks and yours is still very new. The cards tho are generally fairly hardy

geridoc

Clownfish are members of the damsel family, and should be among the last fish added to a system. There was probably plenty of aggression going on, even if you did not see it.

jay0705

I see that mentioned offended that clowns are aggressive. Now does the type play a huge role in this? I ask bc honestly i have 4 clowns in 3 diff tanks. None bother any fish. One is even a maroon clown. Now i wouldn't try and add another maroon with her, but she doesn't bother her smaller tank mates.