Help with tongue coral :(

luvmyreef

I dont think moving it onto a piece of rock would hurt it. It looks like pretty bad tissue recession that will need to be cut off anyway. But like I said I have seen critters start eating on coral that is dying. So I would get it fragged asap....

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyreef http:///forum/thread/381462/help-with-tongue-coral/80#post_3324590
I dont think moving it onto a piece of rock would hurt it. It looks like pretty bad tissue recession that will need to be cut off anyway. But like I said I have seen critters start eating on coral that is dying. So I would get it fragged asap....
Well the earliest I could do that is tomorrow night :(
I hate not knowing what to do

gill again68

I hate your post Meowzer! I mean you always leave me wondering whats happened. So with that said..........what happened!??
You know I mean that in a supporting way.

meowzer

WHAT!!!!! I had nothing else to say TILL NOW
It is cut....yikes..it was harder then I thought...LOL....AFTER cutting, I dipped both pieces in a lugols solution....then rinsed in a bucket of tank water....I put the "good" section back in the 225G...BUT on a rock for now....OPINIONS (should I put it on the sand???)
the other piece I put in the 29G, on the sand....it looks pitiful anyway
Now I am just gonna wait to see what happens I guess

meowzer

LOl....OOPS....I should know better....BUT I was waiting to see if it would perk up
here it is....still on the rock...any opinions on that????

I don't hold out much hope for this piece

btldreef

If you have a lot of movement in the sand, you might want to keep it on the rocks just until it heals. They really do better in the sand, but it needs time to heal and snails will irritate it.