HELP!!!

one-fish

i have black spots on one of my live rocks. I try to scrape it and it smears. It looks to have a small see thru syphon. Any help is appreciated
Looks like a sponge to me but I will let the experts here confirm that. Sponges come in many different colors and are on most LR. Debate is out on whether they are good or bad, some like the bright colors. Do some research and make your own choice. BTW how old is the tank and LR ?? Some fish will eat sponges also. just my 2cts

Justin K

Looks like a sponge to me but I will let the experts here confirm that. Sponges come in many different colors and are on most LR. Debate is out on whether they are good or bad, some like the bright colors. Do some research and make your own choice. BTW how old is the tank and LR ?? Some fish will eat sponges also. just my 2cts
The tank is about a year old. The live rock is about the same. I recently paid a professional aquarium place to move my tank to my new house and a couple weeks later this came about. It seems to stay on that one rock. It seems to be getting bigger but not much.

bang guy

I can't see any details from the picture provided.

Google "Black Tunicate" and see if you can find pictures of something similar. Just my first guess.

Justin K

I can't see any details from the picture provided.

Google "Black Tunicate" and see if you can find pictures of something similar. Just my first guess.
I tried but I couldn't find anything similar. Under a bright light it looks like a maroon brownish. It's soft to the touch.