Hey Guys Please Help Identify! (Vid Included)

Discussion in 'Hitchhikers and "ID Please"' started by KeishFaneish84, May 13, 2017.

1. KeishFaneish84

KeishFaneish84 New Member

Hello!

So. My tank has been established for a little over 3 months now and for the last week I've noticed this dang worm thingy. I can't see it when the lights are off, but once the day time lights come on I notice something moves quickly then hides. After a while I see it peek it's "head" out and starts to move from rock to rock. I just need to know if it's ok to keep even tho it's UGLY as heck! Or to get rid of it and if so HOW?

Ok while I was uploading the video I noticed that there's literally "TWO HEADS" the second one is towards the bottom of the screen...

Link to video

2. 2quills

2quills Administrator Staff Member

Too hard to tell in the vid. But I can almost make out what looks like it could potentially be a bobbit worm.

I'd Google some images to at least verify if it is or it isn't. If it is, it's a predator that you don't really want in your tank.

Otherwise I'm not aware of any two headed worms but then again this hobby is full of suprises.

3. silverado61

silverado61 Well-Known Member

I don't know about it being a bobbit worm. I don't see any legs and it looks like it attached itself to the rock at the base of the body. Aptasia maybe?