High Salinity

Hi guys,

So I have been running my salt water tank since March of this year. No fish casualties (knock on wood), but 2 of the three corals I have tried have died. I got a frag pack and it turned out one of the corals had to be fed which I didn't find out til after it died. The other coral slowly died but I never knew why. My parameters were all good until recently. The salinity has gone up from about a .25 to .31 and I have no clue why. I checked this with a fairly new refractometer. I have been getting the same rodi salter water from my local fish store since the start of the tank and it has never gone this high. How can I lower the salinity?

I tried pouring a bottle of purified fresh drinking water into a bucket with the water for my weekly water change but it only lowered the salinity down to about .29 which is still really high. If I have to keep pouring in water how many much do I have to put in?

2quills

I tried pouring a bottle of purified fresh drinking water into a bucket with the water for my weekly water change but it only lowered the salinity down to about .29 which is still really high. If I have to keep pouring in water how many much do I have to put in?
Sounds like 3 is the magic number if the refactometer is accurate and whichever salt they are using has had time to mix before they and/or you have finished checking it.