Hydor Koralia Smartwave

red tiger

My LFS is selling a used one for $40, I have two 1050's I can use it on? Does anyone have or uses the Smartwave controller that can tell me how they like it?

S

siptang

I have one and its great!
Mimicing the ocean is our aim and I think this is a great way to achieve a big piece pf that.

S

siptang

I think 1 should have been fine. You could plug in a lot of pumps into 1 unit.

S

siptang

Ahhh ok. Sounds like a plan and let me know how you like it.

foodshape

Apologies for the thread revival, but Red Tiger I'm curious to know how you like them... I'm currently collecting the equipment for my 1st reef setup and am considering one of these. A vote of confidence from Siptang, seconded by yourself would seal it for me. Some have complained they (or the powerheads, not sure which) make a loud clicking sound when the controller turns the powerheads on/off, and some say they do not. Some say it depends on whether you're using the Hydor Coralia 'evo' powerheads or other brands/models... Have you noticed anything of the sort?

S

siptang

foodshape - you will have to use the newer evolution series in order to avoid the loud clicking sound. Which also is an easy fix if you know what you are doing. (Not me... found out after I replaced everything lol)

foodshape

Ok sounds good as I'm also buying the evo powerheads anyways... My old collection of gear (which includes a Maxijet 1200 & some other unit) will be put to utility service (mixing change water etc). Thanks!