Hyposalinity Treatment

xeanliao

Hi, I found some ich on my clownfish, and have been reading how to do Hyposalinity Treatment. I am not clear about the following:
  1. After catching all the fishes, should i just drop the fishes right in the hospital tank with hyposalinity 1.009 for the best hyposalinity results, or should I acclimate the fishes (how long)? Or, should the fish be in the hospital tank with the same water from DT to start with lowering the salinity gradually (how long)?
  2. Do I need to do anything about the main display tank waiting for the whole HT process to complete in 8 weeks?
My main tank: 90G, 2 clownfishes, 1 blue tang, 1 yellow tang, 1 randall goby, 1 ywg, 1 scooter, some corals, 1 bta, and cleaners, etc.

The hospital hyposalinity tank: a 30 gallon biocube nano tank.

Thanks very much for your advices.
Sean

lmforbis

The salinity of the hospital tank should be the same as your display tank when you add the fish. Slowly lower the salinity over 2-3 days.

I'd continue to feed the main tank during the 72 day fallow period (a little over 10 weeks). This keeps the bacteria alive as well as any inverts you have. When the 72 days is up add the fish back slowly one every couple days so the tank can keep up with the bio load.

lmforbis

The BTA doesn't look good. Kind of bleached and the tentacles are really short.
I've seen my fish eat anemone poo before with no ill effects.

Kristin1234

Yes still proceed to treat the other fish. Ich will remain till the fish are treated and your display is fishless for 60 days.